[Imc] Chomsky Video Night, maybe a series

pfmueth at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu pfmueth at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Thu Feb 21 22:58:54 UTC 2002

At 11:02 AM -0600 2/21/02, Danielle Chynoweth wrote:
>Who is now organizing human rights night Tuesdays at the IMC?  How about
>showing this recently produced Chomasky video on the war on terror.
>Contact Mary Lee directly with inquiries.  cc me so I know.
>

>  I just bought a fantastic CSpan viseo of a lecture Noah Chomshy gave in
>January about the War on Terrorism( his position is presented in full in
>his new book 9/11.).  It is a great review of US foreign policy during the
>last two decades and a persuasive argument against the war.  I was
>wondering if IMC or the School for DAS could use it for one of their
>programs?  Mary Lee

Sounds like a great idea, as I worked on this in the past, I should
rise to the occasion.

BTW, hope folks know the Noamster will be on focus 580 tomorrow at 11am

cheers

PS here are some chomsky audio sightings,
maybe someone can bring some of these points to our local air (on willie)

DemNowWar On Terrorism ~10 min aired on weft
http://stream.realimpact.org/rihurl.ram?file=webactive/demnow/dn20020212.ra&start="47:07.8

wrangling with a comedian ..  about turkey trip go to the 41st minute. .
only 5 min, Bernard Goldberg gets his 5 minutes immediately following..
http://www.realimpact.net/rihurl.ram?file=realimpact/wnyc/raotm/otm020902.ra

from turkey, don't know quite how long, aired on weft
http://stream.realimpact.org/rihurl.ram?file=webactive/demnow/dn20020214.ra&start="10:51.6"

more stuff about his trip to ankara, he went on to kurdistan
http://www.webactive.com/pacifica/demnow/dn20020214.html