[Imc] Fall 2002 IMF/WB protests -- IMC convergence in DC

clarissa peterson clarissajoy at mindspring.com
Sun Jul 21 21:25:06 UTC 2002

The fall IMF/World Bank meetings are less than three months away and activists from all over the country are gearing up to come to DC for one of the largest protests ever to hit the city.  Here at the DC IMC, we're also getting ready for the week that will make history.  This is a preliminary invitation for IMCistas to join us in DC this September as we cover the meetings, the protests, and whatever else might happen.

What/When:  the IMF and World Bank are scheduled to hold their fall meetings on September 28 and 29.  The Anti-Capitalist Convergence has issued a call for a People's Strike on Friday, September 27, to be preceded teach-ins and other activities on September 25 and 26.  The Mobilization for Global Justice has issued a call for direct action on Saturday, September 28.  Other groups are also planning events during these days.

How you can get ready:  We will be using the IMC-LOGISTICS listserve to allow people from other IMCs to participate in planning the IMC coverage of the fall convergence.  You can subscribe at: http://lists.indymedia.org/mailman/listinfo/imc-logistics -- please note, if you were subscribed to this list for a previous convergence, you will need to re-subscribe.

The DC IMC will hold it's first meeting to plan for the fall convergence during the next few weeks.  Please watch the IMC-LOGISTICS list for details.  Everyone is welcome to attend, if you are at a nearby IMC or just happen to be in the area.