[Imc] Access Grid Activism & the G8 summit (fwd)

John Martirano martiran at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Sun Jun 2 20:03:31 UTC 2002

There seems to be some interest in somehow engaging the activist
community over the Access-Grid. Briefly, the Access-Grid is a
global collaboration/video conferencing tool developed at a # of
universities with sites at every major research university in
this country and many in europe.

I've responded to  Don, and indicated that certainly our group
would support such an endeavor and that i believe there would be
interest in the local activist community, IMC, etc

Hes suggested some kind of networked workshop to take place in
conjunction with the G8 Summit & Global Action Summit, while this
is fairly short-notice and has some likelyhood of not happening,
I've suggested that we keep these lines of communication open
for similar future endeavors.

I am sending this email as an FYI, but also to guage interest
in this sort of thing. Feel free to contact me with thoughts,
im also on the sdas and imc lists.
	-john

VVVVV