[Imc] Re: [Imc-librarians] Underground Publishing Conference Invitation:

James R. Jacobs radlib at urbana.indymedia.org
Fri Jun 14 14:15:38 UTC 2002

Hi Sascha,

I know Ellen K. and Paul R. are going to the conference. Unfortunately,
I'll be out of town at another conference. You may want to contact ELlen
and Paul if you're thinking of going.

James

On Fri, 14 Jun 2002, Sascha Meinrath wrote:

> Josh sent out an invite to the UPC and I thought it might interest some
> folks.  Josh has done a lot of IMC organizing and may be in town this
> weekend (still pending).
>
> --Sascha
>
> ***
>
> Hi. I'm a member of the NYC and Michigan IMCs and I am also an
> organizer of the Underground Publishing Conference (UPC).
>
> I am writing to invite you to the conference, which will be held June 21-23
> in Bowling Green, Ohio. The UPC is the nation's largest gathering of
> alternative media producers and participants. Starting with a rock/hip hop
> concert Friday night and proceeding through two full days of panel
> discussions and workshops, it is an amazing place to share our tools (to
> paraphrase the conference's theme). Over 800 people attended last year.
> For more information or to pre-register, visit
> http://www.clamormagazine.org/upc/
>
> If you are interested in coming, you should definitely pre-register. And
> please let me know so you can participate in the feedback panel on IMCs.
> You can also contact me if you have any questions.
>
> Thanks,
> Joshua Breitbart
> breitbart at indymedia.org

James R. Jacobs
Education & Social Science Library
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
Home: 303B1 Paddock Drive
Savoy, IL 61874
(217)359-9283
radlib at ucimc.org
http:radicallibrarian.org
http://ucimc.org/library

Physical separateness can never be overcome by electronics,
but only by "conviviality", by "living together" in the most
literal physical sense. The physically divided are also the
conquered and the Controlled. "True desires" - erotic,
gustatory, olfactory, musical, aesthetic, psychic, & spiritual
- are best attained in a context of freedom of self and other
in physical proximity & mutual aid. Everything else is at best
a sort of representation. -- Hakim Bey

Information is the currency of democracy. -- Thomas Jefferson

   (\
  {|||8-
   (/