[Imc] STEERING AGENDA ITEM, PLEASE ADDRESS GEAR-ON-LOAN REPAIRS!

Paul Kotheimer herringb at prairienet.org
Fri Jun 14 16:35:56 UTC 2002

Hi Steering:

I have been in touch with IMC-Tech about the following problem:  Back in
March, two microphones of mine were majorly damaged while on loan at the
IMC.  I have brought them to C. V. Lloyd's for repairs.

I bring this issue to Steering because, in my view, broken
equipment-on-loan affects News and Shows and Tech, not to mention
group-to-member relations.

The first mic is repaired and the cost is $175.

I had at first offered to cover the cost of repairs and be reimbursed. Now
it turns out that my money can't do that.

I would like to get the microphone back from C.V.'s as soon as possible.
Can the IMC write a check to C.V. Lloyd's immediately so that I can get
this microphone out of hock early this week?

Estimate on the other microphone repair is $85, and i haven't heard word
about it coming back from SHURE headquarters.

I can try to stop by during the first 5-10 minutes of the Steering Group
meeting this Sunday about the status of this biz, if it's necessary. I'd
rather just hear that a check to C.V.'s is waiting in the Finance box. I
would volunteer to retrieve the microphone from C.V.'s.

Lastly, I offer performing a benefit concert to help raise funds for IMC
gear. Best to have the concert in September, I think.  Maybe around
September 11th?  Surely $250 could be raised that way.

It's important to me to get the mic out of C.V.'s this week, as it's
needed for projects.  If the possible "Steering Quorum Hiatus" holds up
the timeline I need on this, whom should I contact?

Thanks,
paulkotheimer:)