[Imc] How to Resolve the Microphone-Repairs Conflict

Brian Hagy bhagy at urbana.indymedia.org
Mon Jun 17 23:24:48 UTC 2002

ok.  considering that paul needs this resolved before the tech group meets
next, i suggest that we just write a check to cover all the expenses that
these repairs cost him.  paul has offered to do a fundraiser sometime in
the future to help recover these costs.  fine.  if it doesn't happen, then
we'll just figure out something else.

i know this solution is problematic.  it satisfies paul's desires while
trampling on other folks.  we'll just call this a lesson learned, and make
sure we don't put ourselves in this position again.  this really didn't
seem to be a controversy as much as it was a breakdown of communication
lines.  but it will lead to a policy (probably one that's much more
specific than we're currently working on) to help facilitate the loaning
of equipment and the repair of such.  it also raises other concerns which
i will bring to the tech group, rather than spouting off at length over
email.

thoughts, tech group, or imcistas at large?

brian