[Imc] Steering Group Meetings: Everyone Is Invited Every Week!

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 18 04:51:49 UTC 2002

I think something bears repeating here about Steering group meetings.
These meetings are open to both the membership and the public and the
Steering group invites your participation at every opportunity, every
week, to aid us in making decisions. Any member attending these meetings
is eligible to participate just as much in the process as the group
spokes, who count mainly for ensuring that quorum is present for those
decisions that require a quorum. We operate by consensus and everyone
who attends is part of making that consensus.

People who have concerns are encouraged to bring them to the Steering
group. Our agendas are flexible and we will be happy to accomodate any
need as far as timing so that people can particpate and have their
concerns heard (although lenghty and/or complicated discussions work
best if there is notice so that all interested parties can attend.) You
do not need an invitation to attend the meeting.

The Steering group is here to help you with your problem at IMC
(although we are still hoping there will be a conflict resolution
procedure proposal for cases that are perceived to need it). Having
everyone who is involved's opinion and insight is crucial to making a
timely and fair decision and we can't do that if we don't know what you
think and feel about something that you care about.
Mike Lehman