[Imc] State of the IMC deficit:

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Wed Jun 26 00:55:54 UTC 2002

Hi all,

I have fully reconciled the IMC's accounts through May 31, 2002 and here
is the state of the IMC's deficit (for all unclassed income and expenses)
through 6/25/02:

January:  -184.84
February: -290.57
March:    -658.54
April:    +635.21
May:     +2202.89
June:    -4050.30

We are running a deficit of around $2,400 (or roughly $400/month) over the
first half of 2002.  We have taken the proactive measure of limiting each
working group's budget to $100 until the budget deficit is eliminated.

We have built a modest endowment and are not in any immediate danger of
closing down; however, it is imperative that we renew our fundraising
efforts to ensure the long-term sustainability of the IMC.

If you are interested in helping with fundraising, please send an e-mail
to fundraising at ucimc.org; and if you would like to make a donation to the
IMC, please contact me.

Thanks for your continued support of Indymedia,

--Sascha Meinrath
Treasurer
Urbana-Champaign IMC