[Imc] Print minutes: 3.24.02

Brent McDonald bjmcdonald6 at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 24 23:39:13 UTC 2002

Minutes for Print Group, 3.24.02

Attending:  Paul Mueth, John Wason, Brent Mcdonald, Michael Walcher

DISTRIBUTION:  There are but seven days left in March and there are still
six routes to be delivered for the March issue of the Public i.  That's
about 2500 papers!  There is little sense in plugging away at the April
issue without distributing the one we have.  Please, help get these papers
on the street.

There are bundles of Public i stacked under the table in the front room of
the IMC.  Distribution route sheets are in a folder labeled "Public i Route
sheets" in the file cabinet near the front door.  Please, sign them when
finished.  The following routes have yet to be delivered:

A, Green Street

B, Wright Street

C, East Campus

D, Downtown Urbana

Z, South Downtown Champaign

John proposed a simpler formatting distribution route sheets.  Says he will
head distribution, if no else is willing to do so.

ORGANIZATION AND PERIOD OF PUBLICATION:

Are we to continue publishing monthly or every other month?  Four people are
hardily a quorum to decide the fate of the public I, and there is no
consensus on the matter.   Seems that we have two options:  pull more
content off the web AND/OR alleviate workload by going bi-monthly or
quarterly.  More fruitless debate, no decision to change happened.

Deadline for April extended indefinitely.   Darrin is leaving for Hawaii.
Paul M. is learning Quark Express.  Will we wait for Darrin’s return or will
Paul take up laying out the April issue?

Tally of Articles Generated for April Issue:

COMMUNITY FORUM:	Nothing yet.  Possibly, pieces written by local homeless
people?

HUMAN RIGHTS:		Oganiland article by Al Kagan (1439 words).

GOV’T/POLITICS:		85% Coalition by Liam O’Donaghue (1533 words).

ENVIRONMENT:		Poem and drawing/design for sustainable home to be built
I	Urbana by Andy Trull (1-page scan and ~150 word poem).

MEDIA:		Report on Public I sustaining contributors by Brent (~400  words).
Angels of Public Interest and FCC (contacting Amy Aidman).

ARTS:			Unsure.  Nothing yet.

LABOR/ECONOMICS:	Fair trade coffee @ Common Ground Co-op by Merideth Kruse
(pending).