[Imc] Broken window

Clint Popetz cpopetz at cpopetz.com
Thu Mar 28 08:14:39 UTC 2002

At approximately 1:15am this morning (Thursday morning, Wednesday
night), the front window of the imc was broken.  Mike Walcher was the
only one here, although all the lights were off and the culprits
probably didn't know he was there.  He said they were at least three
clean-cut males, in their twenties, likely coming from the Office
given the time.  He ran outside and got the license plates and
descriptions of two cars pulling away, though these may not have been
involved as he didn't see the guys enter the cars, and everyone would
have been leaving the bars around that time.

He called me at home, and I came in, since he had to work the next
morning.  I called the Urbana police, and Officer Sean Taylor arrived.
I gave him all the information that Mike knew, and he filed police
report U02-1657, and that number should probably be given to the
landlords (Sascha?)  The officer said that the window was probably
broken with a pipe or other blunt object, because of the size of the
break and the spray of glass, which went up to 10 feet away inside the
IMC.

Now that the officer has left, I'm going to clean up the glass and put
a piece of cardboard to keep the wind and birds out, and go home.  If
someone could call the landlords in the morning to let them know that
the police have already been called, that would be good.  Hopefully
their building insurance will cover the cost of the window.

				-Clint