[Imc] Broken window

Sascha Meinrath meinrath at uiuc.edu
Thu Mar 28 18:34:07 UTC 2002

Hi everyone,

Thanks to Mike and Clint for being on top of this last night.  You both
did a great job.  I've talked with the landlords and they'll contact their
insurance company to cover the dammages.  There's still a bit of glass
cleanup that needs to happen (if anyone has some time to spare while their
at the IMC please help clean it up).  Also, we should build a better
barrier on the front window ASAP since it would be easy to get into the
IMC right now.

The other thing Beverly Beavers and I talked about was that it is looking
increasingly likely that they will be leaving town next April (in 2003).
They are more and more inclined to sell the building -- and we would be
first on their list.  This means that we should seriously discuss whether
we want to buy the building and get a decision made; and if we do, we
should start working on a capital fundraising drive to raise the money.

--Sascha