[Imc] IMC Minutes 3/31

Laura Stengrim stengrim at students.uiuc.edu
Sun Mar 31 22:12:14 UTC 2002

Present:  Liam, John, Laura, Brent, Mike W., Orion

Possible publishing date: After 1st Week in April, at least.  Deadline 4/7?

Sections:

H. Rights-- Al Kagan (1339);

Labor-- GEO meeting/article offered by Ben Scott (1000-1500); living wage;
fair trade coffee by Meredith Kruse (500+), international workers day on May
1st, friends of the 3rd world bio;

Arts-- Laura (600?) picture of Sandra's painting

Government-- Liam on 85% Coalition (1533+); visuals (pics of members)

Media-- FCC protests (950+) adding local twist, taken from the DC IMC (w/
pics)

Environment-- Earth Day - April 21 - SECS article solicited (1000), Michael
Moore coming to U of I on April 17th; Orion is also formatting Andy's graphic
article on ecohousing into a text document w/ pictures, poems; Green
conference (Orion is working on a story for WEFT and Mike will also think
about it), buildings for NPs as a future article

Community Forum-- nada?  or letter from Brent on funding indymedia (450);

Newspoems-- one has a story w/ it on Muslim discrimination against women; two
poems total

Contributors-- no new sustainers

Other notes:

*Deadline:  depending on layout, waiting for Darrin (April 10th?) or Paul;
Brent's copy of Quark is PC, not Mac.

distibution -- ?? Should we send e-mails out ahead of time? Brent might just
do that.  John has most of the route lists.

Funding:

Wanted: print spokesperson for steering committee, within the next 3 weeks.
Maybe we can have a rotation -- Mike W. offered to attend the next several
steering meetings.

Working group structure: needs a spoke in order to be an IMC working group

General Membership meeting: Working group minutes

Outreach: Add the new blue "wanna get involved at the IMC?" flyer/graphic to
the paper

Writers: Mike can solicit writers (?), Liam will write next year for Public I
if he works in Springfield on state politics,

Orion is selling fundraiser raffle tickets...

Topics for next week's meeting:  Organizing distribution, preparing layout,
final drafts due, ongoing talk about funding, outreach, sponsorship.