[Imc] two articles hidden

Paul Riismandel p-riism at uiuc.edu
Wed May 22 15:52:41 UTC 2002

I hid two articles just now, they are duplicates of each other and seem to
violate our appropriate use policy.  Specifically, they violate this clause:
"Threats and Intimidation-the IMC newswire is not intended to be a forum
for primarily publicizing hate nor for making direct threats against
individuals, groups or classes of people. The IMC recognizes that such
speech can be harmful in and of itself and may create at atmosphere in
which physical action becomes more likely. In any post under consideration
the threatening speech should be weighed against other ideas or expression
in the post. If the majority of the post nonetheless is intended to
contribute to discourse or debate, then the issue of hiding it should be
considered very carefully. "

The offending posts are here:
http://www.ucimc.org/front.php3?article_id=5528&group=webcast
http://www.ucimc.org/front.php3?article_id=5527&group=webcast