[Imc] new books and adieu

James R. Jacobs radlib at urbana.indymedia.org
Wed Sep 11 00:59:06 UTC 2002

Hi all,

Here's the new books that have been added to the IMC library this week:

Women and Gender

--Irigaray, Luce:This sex which is not one:Cornell University Press:1985
--Caplan, Pat:Cultural construction of sexuality:Routledge:1995
--Bordo, Susan:Unbearable weight feminism western culture and the
body:University of California Press:1995
--Suleiman, Susan Rubin:Female body in western culture contemporary
perspectives:Harvard University Press:1986
--Bridenthal, Renate Grossman, Atina and Kaplan, Marion:When biology
became destiny women in Weimar and Nazi Germany:Monthly Review Press:1984
--Abramovitz, Mimi:Regulating the lives of women social policy from
colonial times to the present:South End Press:1989
--Boston Women's Health Book Collective:Our bodies our selves a book by
and for women:Simon and Schuster:1976

Reference and Reports:

--Fellowship for International Community:Communities directory a guide to
cooperative living:Fellowship for International Community:1995

Social and Cultural Studies:

--Schutt, Randy:Inciting democracy a practical proposal for creating a
good society:SpringForward Press:2001

This will be my last update of new books at the IMC library. While I will
continue to work virtually on the library website, I will be moving to San
Diego next week.

Peace and democracy!

James

James R. Jacobs
Education & Social Science Library
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
Home: 303B1 Paddock Drive
Savoy, IL 61874
(217)359-9283
radlib at ucimc.org
http:radicallibrarian.org
http://ucimc.org/library

Information is the currency of democracy. -- Thomas Jefferson

   (\
  {|||8-
   (/