[Imc] Desperate plea for Keys

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 14 16:02:36 UTC 2002

Russ' concern about the keys is well-founded. We have only a limited
number of keys. And a number of appeals for return of keys have been
made recently with little result, putting us in a position where we will
probably have to ask a number of people currently holding keys, but not
signed up for a staffing shift, to return their keys.

The first priority to have keys is for those who are staffing the IMC.
The second priority is for those who must be able to conduct _IMC
business_ at times when the IMC may be closed (maintenance, show
clean-up, etc.)

I think that Russ has a list of keyholders. If not, Sascha probably has
it. Can we be sure that the Steering group has the list of keyholders to
review at Sunday's (Sept. 15) meeting?

The Steering group will then look over the list of keyholders and match
that to the list of those currently signed up for a staffing shift. Then
the Steering group will be following up in order that all staffers have
access to a key.

IF YOU ARE NOT CURRENTLY SIGNED UP FOR A STAFFING SHIFT IT IS QUITE
LIKELY THAT YOU WILL BE ASKED TO RETURN YOUR KEY SO THAT ALL STAFFERS
CAN HAVE A KEY. While we understand that it is a convenience to have a
key, the first priority must be to ensure that all staffers have a key.
Please contact Russ (numbers below in his original message) if you
aren't currently staffing so that we can arrange to get keys to staffers
who need them.

If you happen to NOT be currently signed up for a staffing shift, but
have a clearly articulated reason that involves IMC business for
retaining a key, please also contact Russ so that the Steering group can
weigh the conflicting demands for this limited resource (keys) and make
a decision about whether we will be able to accomodate all the needs
that the IMC has as a group.

Others should make plans to return their key so that all staffers can
have a key.

Thanks for your cooperation on this.

Mike Lehman