[IMC] Outstanding Volunteer Service Awards - National Volunteer Week

Office of Volunteer Programs ovp at illinois.edu
Mon Apr 2 19:32:46 UTC 2012

Hello,
I wanted to send along information about the Office of Volunteer Programs' Outstanding Volunteer Service Award. We have extended the deadline to Wednesday, April 4th!  We encourage you to nominate University of Illinois faculty, staff, students and/or registered student organizations (RSO) who are passionate volunteers. The link to the form is below.

Thanks
Shikhank

Office of Volunteer Programs Outstanding Volunteer Service Award<http://ivolunteerprograms.wordpress.com/2012/03/14/announcing-ovp-volunteer-service-award-and-volunteer-recognition-event/>
Do you know of outstanding Volunteers, Volunteer Organizations, or Volunteer Projects?  The Illini Union Office of Volunteer Programs is currently in preparation of our annual Volunteer Recognition Event. We would like to encourage you to nominate an individual (student/faculty) and/or RSO that has demonstrated outstanding volunteerism this academic year to receive OVP's Volunteer Service Award.  Please fill out the nomination form online - https://illinois.edu/sb/sec/6644249 or as a word document found here - Volunteer Nomination Form Template 2012<http://ivolunteerprograms.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/volunteer-nomination-form-template-2012.doc> . Please submit (online) or email all nominations to ovp at illinois.edu<mailto:ovp at illinois.edu> by Wednesday, April 4th.

Illini Union Office of Volunteer Programs (OVP)
288 Illini Union, 1401 W. Green St., Urbana
217-333-7424
ovp at illinois.edu<mailto:ovp at illinois.edu>
http://www.union.illinois.edu/ovp
Follow us on our facebook page<https://www.facebook.com/uiovp> for regular updates!

PS - Other important upcoming dates:

**National Volunteer Week** 4/14 - 4/22
-Looking for new and exciting ways to volunteer? Events will take place throughout the week with campus and community organizations.
-The list of volunteer opportunities will be available starting April 2, 2012
For more information visit http://www.union.illinois.edu/ovp

**Service First Applications Due** 4/11
Service First is an opportunity for new students to get an introduction to volunteering in the Champaign-Urbana community. It is also intended to provide social connections for new students.
To apply to be a Service First Group Leader complete the form at: https://illinois.edu/sb/sec/7257606. Must be a sophomore or higher, and have experience volunteering on-and-off campus.

**Cans Across the Quad** 4/27 - 5/1
-Donate non-perishable canned goods for the Eastern Illinois Foodbank
-Groups register with OVP to win prizes for the most donated cans
For more information email ovp at illinois.edu<mailto:ovp at illinois.edu> with  "Attn Jason" in the subject line

**Quad Day Registration**
-Registration for Quad Day starts April 2, 2012

Check out www.cuvolunteer.org to find volunteer opportunities in the area.