[IMC] Affiliate opportunity - Music from the Big House

Grassroots grassroots at matsonfilms.com
Fri Aug 10 16:09:16 UTC 2012

Dear Carol,

Thank you for helping us get the word out about the MUSIC FROM THE BIG HOUSE
screening in Urbana.  We would like to show our appreciation by extending a
special offer on the DVD to your community and offering to donate a portion
of the proceeds to Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center.

The DVD is now available to the general public at
http://matsonfilms.com/films/music-from-the-big-house/.  However, through
our affiliate program, your community can use the following link to get a
20% discount on the DVD:

Password: affiliate

Please be sure to tell them to enter your organization in the box next to
the Buy DVD button.  For every DVD sold to your members, Matson Films will
donate $2 to your organization.

We hope you will spread the word about this offer by sharing it with your
community through your newsletter, blog, and social media pages (Facebook,
Twitter, YouTube).

Please let me know if you have any questions or if we can provide any
further information.

All the best,
Richard

--
- Richard Matson | Matson Films
- richard at matsonfilms.com | 917.559.5559

MUSIC FROM THE BIG HOUSE

"Wow. WOW!" writes Blog Critics, "A film that anyone with hope in his heart
will appreciate."  See Magazine says, "You won't be the same once you've
seen it." And Cine Source Magazine remarks, "Excuse me for gushing, but
filmmaking does not get any better than this. It is one of those
documentaries that deserve to be seen by everyone."

>From acclaimed director Bruce McDonald, MUSIC FROM THE BIG HOUSE is an
extraordinary story about finding hope, joy and music behind bars. Rita
Chiarelli, Canada's Queen of the Blues, takes a pilgrimage to the birthplace
of the Blues: Louisiana's Angola Prison - formerly the bloodiest prison in
America.  Rita's trip turns into an historic jailhouse performance, playing
with - rather than for - musician inmates serving life sentences. Their
shared bond of music, and Chiarelli's ebullient personality, draw striking
revelations from the inmates. Rather than sensational stories of convicts,
we witness remarkable voices of hope as their love of music radiates
humanity and redemption on their quest for forgiveness.