[IMC] Celebrating Activism Through Film

Funding Exchange drew.zimmerman at fex.org
Thu Aug 23 17:23:29 UTC 2012

You're invited to experience Funding Exchange's first Online Film
Festival, Streaming For Change! Is this email not displaying correctly?
[1]View it in your browser.
FEX_logo
[2]Donate Now »
Follow on Twitter [3]Follow Us On Twitter
Friend on Facebook [4]Friend Us On Facebook
Forward to Friend [5]Forward To A Friend
[6]StreamingforChange
Hi Funding Exchange Supporter,
  Links:
    1. http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=fa6d7a4333a1b0ae2ab0c4bb4&id=4f69b14834&e=
    2. http://www.fex.org/contribute-online?utm_source=Funding+Exchange+List&utm_campaign=4f69b14834-The_Exchange_Summer_2012&utm_medium=email
    3. http://www.twitter.com/fundingxchange?utm_source=Funding+Exchange+List&utm_campaign=4f69b14834-The_Exchange_Summer_2012&utm_medium=email
    4. http://www.facebook.com/fundingxchange?utm_source=Funding+Exchange+List&utm_campaign=4f69b14834-Grantee_Announcement_5_2_2012&utm_medium=email
    5. http://us2.forward-to-friend.com/forward?u=fa6d7a4333a1b0ae2ab0c4bb4&id=4f69b14834&e=
    6. http://www.streamingforchange.org

[7]Funding Exchange cordially invites you to join us for our first
virtual fundraiser:
  Links:
    7. http://fex.org/news/2012filmfest

[8]Streaming for Change: FEX’s (non-frivolous) Film Fest
October 4-7, 2012
Watching award-winning documentaries has never been this easy!
  Links:
    8. http://www.streamingforchange.org

Been meaning to make it to the theater to see what one of the worst
kept secrets in the military is? Well if you [9]act fast, and if you’re
one of the first 100 responders, you can learn more about the
military’s home-turf atrocities against women:
[10]The Invisible War*
Kirby Dick, 93 minutes
  Links:
    9. http://www.streamingforchange.org
    10. http://www.streamingforchange.org

You can watch as many of these films as you want, as many times as
you’d like! Films like:

Excited that the powerful AZ sheriff, Joe Arpaio, is being investigated
by the DOJ? Well you can thank these local community organizers:
[11]Under[12] [13]Arpaio
Pan Left Productions, 62 minutes
  Links:
    11. http://www.streamingforchange.org
    12. http://www.streamingforchange.org
    13. http://www.streamingforchange.org

Tired of the negative campaign ads that flood your television? Well you
can blame this guy:
[14]Boogie Man: The Lee Atwater Story*
Stefan Forbes, Director, Stefan Forbes & Noland Walker, Producers, 86
minutes
  Links:
    14. http://www.streamingforchange.org

To see synopses for our featured films, and information on how to
participate, go to [15]streamingforchange.org. This is no frivolous
film festival!
  Links:
    15. http://www.streamingforchange.org

FEX has selected six films that cover topics ranging from the
development of ACT UP to today’s movement to end mountaintop removal.
Three of the six films were *produced with the support of the [16]Paul
Robeson Fund for Independent Media.  Documentary films cover a huge
spectrum, and we know we are only touching a few issues.
  Links:
    16. http://fex.org/funds/paul-robeson-fund-for-independent-media

[17]Buy your ticket to the film festival today! It’s the only
non-frivolous film festival you can participate in without leaving the
house.
  Links:
    17. https://fex.org/contribute-online

The cost of your "ticket" is up to you. All we ask is that you give at
a level that is meaningful to you, the value you place on watching
these films, bundled together for you by FEX.

If you need a close-caption option, please contact Becky at
[18]brafter[19]@[20]fex[21].[22]org.
  Links:
    18. mailto:brafter at fex.org
    19. mailto:brafter at fex.org
    20. mailto:brafter at fex.org
    21. mailto:brafter at fex.org
    22. mailto:brafter at fex.org

Please [23]buy your "ticket" by October 5, 2012 at 5pm ET.
How to Watch:
Step one: [24]Make your donation. Thank you!
  Links:
    23. https://fex.org/contribute-online
    24. https://fex.org/contribute-online

Step two: We will send you an email with links to the films and a
password for each on October 3rd, 2012.

Step three: Click the films you want to watch and stream documentaries
to your heart’s content for up to four days!

Film Festival Ticket Prices:
$50 – Supports teleconferencing and follow up for a donor political
education call

$100 – Supports vehicle for telling FEX’s No Small Change [25]stories
  Links:
    25. http://www.nosmallchange.us

$500 – Fuels circulation of The Exchange, to keep stakeholders in the
know about important issues and activities

$1,000 – Provides seed support to an emerging donor circle around a
critical issue. community or geographic area

$3,000 – Provides a  Network Development grant to a smaller FEX member
foundation

$5,000 – Funds the [26]renewal of a Bold Frontiers grant for fiscal
year 2013
  Links:
    26. http://fex.org/grantmaking/who-we-support

$18,000 – Funds the [27]renewal of one Social Justice Collaboration
grant for fiscal year 2013
  Links:
    27. http://fex.org/grantmaking/who-we-support

____ *Other (please value what viewing these films and supporting FEX’s
social justice work means to you and what you are able to afford at
this time. All gifts are valued!)
Copyright © 2012 Funding Exchange, All rights reserved.
You have been included in this mailing because of an affiliation with
Funding Exchange. If you have received this email in error, please
accept our apologies and click the "unsubscribe" link.

Our mailing address is:
Funding Exchange
666 Broadway
Suite 500
New York, NY 10012
[28]Add us to your address book
[29]unsubscribe from this list | [30]update subscription preferences
  Links:
    28. http://fex.us2.list-manage.com/vcard?u=fa6d7a4333a1b0ae2ab0c4bb4&id=8b1167a6d6
    30. http://fex.us2.list-manage.com/profile?u=fa6d7a4333a1b0ae2ab0c4bb4&id=8b1167a6d6&e=

Sent to imc at ucimc.org — [31]why did I get this?
[32]unsubscribe from this list | [33]update subscription preferences
    31. http://fex.us2.list-manage.com/about?u=fa6d7a4333a1b0ae2ab0c4bb4&id=8b1167a6d6&e=1ef5d836a6&c=eddf61e781
    33. http://fex.us2.list-manage1.com/profile?u=fa6d7a4333a1b0ae2ab0c4bb4&id=8b1167a6d6&e=1ef5d836a6