[IMC] Collaborate with 1867 Society!

Shannon Sabino sabino2 at illinois.edu
Thu Dec 6 04:08:50 UTC 2012

*Hello my fellow student leaders!*

As you may know, the 1867 Society is an organization on campus committed to
promoting student philanthropy at Illinois, for Illinois. The 1867 Society
Fund allows donors to choose where their gift will make the most impact. If
there is a project on campus that might need funding and support, please
let us hear from you!

What is your part?
Is there a project that you are working on in your organization that might
benefit from the 1867 Society Fund's support? As fellow leaders of
student-run academic groups on campus, we'd like to help you make a bigger
impact. If you have any projects, initiatives, scholarships, or other
events that need attention and funding, please share the details with us.

How can I submit a proposal?
You can find the link to the proposal here:
https://illinois.edu/fb/sec/9040451. At this site, groups can submit
proposals for projects that could benefit from funding from the 1867
Society Fund.  All you need is to submit detailed information of your
respective project. The 1867 Society will then narrow the list of projects
down to a final three which will be put up to vote in the spring by the
donors to the fund.  The deadline to submit a proposal is December 31, 2012.

How does this benefit our organization?
This year, we are introducing Club 1867, which will be comprised of
organizations who have submitted a proposal and given a minimum donation of
$20 to the 1867 Society Fund. Club 1867 membership allows your
organizational activities and events to be displayed through our social
media and website. Also, your organization shall receive a vote to
determine which organization shall receive the funding.

Additional contact information.
For more information please follow Twitter or find us on Facebook.
 Furthermore, if you are interested in having a representative of the 1867
Society come to your organization’s meeting to give more information,
please send us the time and date of your next meeting and we’d be happy to
stop by. Feel free to email myself if you have questions as well.

Sincerely,

--
*Shannon Sabino*
*1867 Society Campus Relations*