[IMC] Social Justice Documentary - holiday gift and donation

Matson Films grassroots at matsonfilms.com
Wed Dec 12 17:59:31 UTC 2012

Thanks to all of the Social Justice organizations across the country who helped make MUSIC FROM THE BIG HOUSE a theatrical success this Summer!  Now we would like to show our appreciation...

Give the DVD as a gift this holiday season and a donation
will be made to Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center

MUSIC FROM THE BIG HOUSE is an extraordinary story about finding hope, joy and music behind bars. Rita Chiarelli, Canada’s Queen of the Blues, takes a pilgrimage to the birthplace of the Blues: Louisiana’s Angola Prison – formerly the bloodiest prison in America.  Rita’s trip turns into an historic jailhouse performance, playing with musician inmates serving life sentences. Their shared bond of music, and Chiarelli’s ebullient personality, draw striking revelations from the inmates. Rather than sensational stories of convicts, we witness remarkable voices of hope as their love of music radiates humanity and redemption on their quest for forgiveness.

MUSIC FROM THE BIG HOUSE showcases social justice through visually-moving storytelling.  It offers a fresh and current glimpse into the human spirit’s ability to forgive, heal, and connect.

Affiliate Program:
Through our affiliate program, your community can use the link below to get a 20% discount on the DVD.  Please be sure to tell them to enter your organization in the box next to the Buy DVD button.  For every DVD sold to your members, Matson Films will donate $2 to Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center.

Visit our website to purchase (http://matsonfilms.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4ede4f7726178bd76d8cd2989&id=7ea5d705f1&e=e51119319c)

Watch a clip from the film (http://matsonfilms.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=4ede4f7726178bd76d8cd2989&id=d87b5221e1&e=e51119319c )

"A sure-fire conversation-starter!" - CurveWire

“Excuse me for gushing, but documentary filmmaking does not get any better than this. This is one of those documentaries that deserve to be seen by… everyone.” - Cine Source Magazine

“A near perfect movie” - CKUA

"wow…WOW! A film that anyone with hope in his heart will appreciate." - Blogcritics

"No matter where you stand on these issues, you won’t be the same once you’ve seen it."
- See Magazine

"I guarantee you will be moved by “Music From the Big House.” - The Standard-Examiner

MUSIC FROM THE BIG HOUSE is now playing in theaters across the US.  We would love to talk about organizing a screening for your organization in the future.  To learn more about how to screen the film for your organization, contact us at info at matsonfilms.com (mailto:info at matsonfilms.com?subject=Music%20From%20the%20Big%20House%20-%20EDU) .

Copyright © 2012 Matson Films, All rights reserved.
 Matson Films brings socially relevant DVD titles to groups across the country
Our mailing address is:
Matson Films
1355 Valencia St. #3
San Francisco, Ca 94110