[IMC] Hey C-U Venues! Site is officially launching!

Anna Hecht hecht2 at illinimedia.com
Thu Jun 14 17:17:55 UTC 2012

Hey Everyone!

It is Anna Hecht from the217.com. I want to thank everyone for their
continued patiences about the site merger between Buzz Magazine and the217.
I know for a few of you this has been a some what frustrating process and I
thank all of you for the understanding you have showed during this time. We
are very excited about the new calendar and are so happy to have all of you
promoting your events on our site!

I just received word from our tech person that she is working on officially
launching the site as we speak. Now that we have had many events submitted
to the calendar the process can be completed! Continue submitting and
promoting your events now so that they will be listed when the calendar
goes live!

For those of you that may have missed the email or it got lost in your
inbox, I am including instructions on how to submit events once again.
First step is to *make a gmail account *and *send the address* so that I
can share the calendar with you. After that it is up to you to submit your
events:

Your business is* extremely* important to the217 and *NOW to Buzz Magazine*
!

I am emailing you to inform you that there is now a new way to submit
events that will be *EASIER and MORE* *ACCESSIBLE* to your customers! We
already have venues sharing their own *Google Calendars* with us and
submitting to the new calendar daily! Buzz Magazine, like the217.com, is
also operated through Illini Media and the University of Illinois. Buzz
Magazine is published and distributed around campus weekly and will list
all of your events in print *in addition* to them being posted online!

While I have enjoyed running the217, it is soon coming to an end. So, it is*
 EXTREMELY *important that you all begin to use the new calendar: "Buzz
Events." Once, we have enough events uploaded, the calendar will be
launched. Below are instructions to begin posting! Can't wait to work with
you all and get your events/services* noticed!*
*
*
*Instructions on how to start submitting:*

1) First, if you do not already have a gmail.com email account, you must
make one.
2) Then, Send us your email address to hecht2 at illinimedia.com
3) Once we add you to the account, "Buzz Events" will show up on your list
of calendars on gmail (the calendar tab is at the top of the gmail page)
4) Click on the calendar and on the top right you will see options saying
"day, week, month, 4 days.." Click "Month."
5) Select your desired date and a box will pop up. Hit "Edit Event."
6) Enter the title, date, if it is a repeated event check box next to
repeated event, enter location, and description.
7) To add a title click "add attachment."
8) "X" out of reminders (they are not needed)
9) Can leave as default
10) Hit red save button at the top of the page

**** If you already have a google calendar, you can keep you own and share
it with me by clicking on your calendar drop down, hit calendar settings,
and then click XML box next to Calendar address and send me that link. (not
private address)

Thanks!

Anna Hecht
University of Illinois Champaign-Urbana
News-Editorial Journalism/Psychology Major I James Scholar
Producer of the217.com
Style Guru Intern for CollegeFashionista.com
Her Campus Illinois I Travel and Fashion Blogger
hecht2 at illinois.edu
309.219.2335