[IMC] FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Couture by Nydia Opening Reception

YooJin Hong indigo.coop at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 15:12:27 UTC 2012

*FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Monday, June 18, 2012

CONTACT: Nydia Marcado
artistanydia at yahoo.com

CONTACT: YooJin Hong
217-721-0860
indigo.coop at gmail.com

Couture by Nydia Opening Reception

The opening reception for Couture by Nydia  is on Friday, June 22nd 2012
starting at 7pm at indi go Artist Co-Op. It is free and open to the public.
 The show will be exhibited from June 22nd through July 1st.

Couture by Nydia is a design studio that offers one of a kind handmade
items. The exclusive designs showcase hand painted fabrics, hand beaded
gowns, handbags and shoe accessories. The studio can personalize your items
and we can design any kind of gown for any occasion or special days like
weddings and evening gowns.

During the opening night, there will be live models and a fashion walk on
stairs at 7:30!

My first adventure into the arts and fashion started at the Costume
Department at Temple University. Then I finished my BFA at Cornell
University and my masters in Art at Eastern Illinois University. I have a
masters degree in painting and I love fashion so it was only natural that I
started venturing into painting fabrics. I have done numerous fashion shows
and dressed many people. In 2010 Miss Illinois wore a few of my pieces for
the local competition to become Miss Illinois and she wore one of my
dresses to the competition for the Miss USA pageant in Vegas. I am now
living in Champaign and hoping to continue producing my one of kind gowns.
These pieces are unique, one of a kind, artistic and affordable. I create
and recreate. I am very involved in experimenting with textures, colors and
fabrics. One of my specialties is Tambour bead embroidery which I use it in
an artistic manner to create one of a kind art pieces that are wearable

           ###
*

--
YooJin Hong