No subject

Thu Mar 8 04:02:08 UTC 2012

interested for their own show (at least one other WEFT show has one
ordered) or buy one for the good reasons to having a radio that doesn't
need batteries.

I wanted to do this a while back, but they were a little too expensive
for me then. I just came across these offers that let you buy the
AM/FM/SW model that normally retails for $100 for only $20. The AM/FM
only model is only $10. I've never seen these at this low a price and
you don't need to feed them batteries. They work by simply winding them
up with a crank (about 60 turns gives you 30 minutes of listening) and
these models both have solar panels to power them if you have direct sun
available (note that they can also be powered by a wall wart, if
needed.)

The company you order from is one that is reliable; I've been very
satisfied with their service. The last link is to the Freeplay Company's
website if you would like to know more about them.

The S360 is the AM/FM model and the GSW is the AM/FM/SW model offered at
the link below:
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/specialad.html?ad_id=28407

Go to this link for specific info about these two radios and the company
that builds them:
http://www.freeplay.net/newsite/company/freecom.html

Note: I have no financial interest in this and have been happy with the
Freeplay radio I already own (an older model without the solar panel.) I
just thought the idea of giving away a free radio for a donation to WEFT
that would be free of ever needing batteries might be something others
might want to do. I'm thinking it ought to be worth a donation of at
least $100.

I intend to donate one to the IMC also. Maybe we can have a raffle or
something, but we can figure it out later.
Mike