[IMC] Allied Media Conference 2012 - Nation Inside: Communication Strategies Against Mass Incarceration

Benjamin Sugar benjamin at betweenthebars.org
Thu Mar 8 22:29:50 UTC 2012

Hello,

My name is Benjamin Sugar and I, along with a few others are heading up a network gathering and communications workshop at the Allied Media Conference in Detroit, MI in late June.  If found your site as I was looking at the Books for Prisoners project and was wondering if you wouldn't mind passing this along to anyone you think might be interested.

Many thanks,

Benjamin Sugar

SIGN-UP

Nation Inside: Communication Strategies Against Mass Incarceration
Are you part of a dedicated grassroots group fighting a campaign against mass incarceration?  Are you campaigning against your state privatizing its prisons, the cost of phone calls, building immigration detention centers, or making policies that continue a broken and expensive criminal justice system?

Would your campaign benefit from stronger messaging, better communication capacity, and a broader base of support?  If so please consider joining us for Nation Inside.

We'll kick off Nation Inside on June 28th with a network gathering of criminal justice reform advocates all across the United States.  Nation Inside is a training camp for advocates who are organizing grassroots campaigns for criminal justice reform; who want to participate in an intensive and fun network gathering; and who want to work together to advance our campaigns’ use of communication strategies.  We will pick-up flip-cams, test our messaging, build our communication capacity, and network with other advocates from across the United States.

SPACE IS LIMITED: SIGN-UP TODAY

Where: Detroit, MI (Wayne State University)
When: Nation Inside is June 27-29th. (the 27th is a travel abd the 29th is in the AM only)   The Allied Media Conference is from June 29th - July 1st.
Cost: Registration is on a sliding scale from $40.00 to $100.00. Housing is $45.00 per night.  You must cover your own travel expenses.  Registration covers the cost for both the network gathering and the Allied Media Conference.

Note: You do not have to attend the entirety of the AMC to participate, but the cost of the conference is included in your registration costs.

We have a limited number of scholarships available, and, in addition, we have seed grants to help you organize grassroots funds in your local community.  We will have a “briefing conference call” to explain how people can fundraise to attend NATION INSIDE and the ALLIED MEDIA CONFERENCE.

Nation Inside has limited space.  SIGN-UP TODAY for more information.

Questions: Contact Nick Szuberla at nickszub at gmail.com or at 606-454-8864.

Nation Inside is organized in part by Thousand Kites, Human Rights Defense Center/Prison Legal News, AdvoCare, RIHD, and Between the Bars.

team at thousandkites.org - www.kitescampaigns.org - 91 Madison Ave. - Whitesburg, KY 41858

Click here to unsubscribe

--
Nick Szuberla, director of hustle