[IMC] Reminder: C4A's Faculty Showcase & Silent Auction this Sunday!

Robin Kearton (C4A) c4adirector at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 15:36:32 UTC 2012

Sunday is almost here-time to plan your afternoon fun!

Please consider attending our annual Faculty Showcase Concert and Silent
Auction!

Who: YOU and the Community Center for the Arts (C4A) faculty, staff and
volunteers

What: Faculty showcase and silent auction-an entertaining afternoon of
music, food, and bidding!

When: This Sunday, March 11, from 4:00 to 7:00 PM.  Details below. (Please
note that daylight savings time starts on Sunday!)

Where: Unitarian-Universalist Church, 309 W. Green St, Urbana

Why: To raise funds that will help us at C4A fulfill our mission to make the
arts accessible and strengthen community through shared experiences with the
arts.  Your gifts and auction proceeds will support our scholarship and
operations funds.

Besides, it will be fun!

This event is family friendly!  Tickets are $15 single/ $10 seniors,
students, C4A members / $45 family

Complimentary snacks & beverages included.  Make your reservation now
<mailto:info at c-4a.org>

Please read on for details.

.         Doors open at 4:00 PM at the.  Browse our auction items, sip on a
beverage, place your bids. We have an array of luxurious, whimsical, and
very practical items for you to choose from.   Preview some of our auction
items <http://c4aauction.weebly.com/index.html>

.         Concert starts at 4:30. Guest MC, Lori Serb, will guide you
through the first set, which features a Liszt powerhouse for violin & piano
followed by some extra-sweet-and-swingin' jazz & blues numbers for the
curious instrumentation of harmonica, accordion, guitar, piano, & drums!

.         Intermission:  Graze on sumptuous desserts and savory treats, sip
our sangria or sparkling fruit beverages, browse our array of auction
items-let the bidding wars begin!  We have some very nice items up for bid,
thanks to our generous friends!  There is also a special section of
kid-priced items for our younger audience members who'd like to participate.

.         Second Set: Your bids have all been placed and it's time for more
music!  We'll start with some great songs-either from your youth or the
distant past, depending on your age-and end up with a grand world tour
featuring music from Peru, Armenia, a Russian tango, and a Bulgarian Boogie!

.         Silent auction winners announced, more snacks consumed, everyone
done and heading home before 7PM!

Master of Ceremonies: Lori Serb

Performers: Claire Cannon, Matt Croisant, Justin DeAngelo, Maria Del Toro,
Tom Faux, Aaron Jacobs, Robin Kearton, Dorothy Martirano, Chris Petterson,
Doug Schroer, Tatiana Shustova

Performing on: Violin, Cello, Guitar, Banjo, Mandolin, Harmonica, Accordion,
Drums, Piano

We hope you will attend if you are able.  Please feel free to share this
notice widely!

Thanks for supporting C4A!

--robin

Robin Kearton

Director, Community Center for the Arts (C4A)

 <http://www.c-4a.org> www.c-4a.org

This program is partially supported by a grant from the Illinois Arts
Council, a state agency.

You got this note because we think you'd like to know what's going on at
C4A.  Please let us know if you'd prefer to not get our messages.