[IMC] FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Leal School Third Graders to display art work in Ninth Spring exhibition

Shannon Beck indigo.coop at gmail.com
Tue May 1 03:36:22 UTC 2012

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE [APRIL 30th, 2012]

indi go Artist Co-Op

Shannon Beck

217-649-5508

9 East University Ave.

Champaign, Il 61820

http://www.indi-go-art.com

LEAL SCHOOL THIRD GRADERS TO DISPLAY ART WORK IN NINTH SPRING EXHIBITION

Join indi go Artist Co-Op for a presentation of the work from the Leal
School third graders of Room #213. The opening reception will take place on
Saturday, May 5th from 4-7pm. Open gallery hours will take place the day
before, Friday, May 4th, from 3-6pm. All donations for work will be donated
directly to the Champaign County Humane Society.

"We (Leal School, Room #213) are trying to understand and promote altruistic
 behavior. We are creating acrylic art work of meaningful places. Although
we have only been alive nine springs these areas that we are painting have
a strong personal meaning to us. We are trying to capture the feelings that
we get when we see, hear, touch, and even smell these enduring spaces. We
offer these art pieces to you with the request of a monetary donation. You
set the price. All proceeds will be donated to the Champaign County Humane
Society. This is a community organization that we as students feel very
strongly about because we love animals and we would like to see them get
the best care our community can offer."- Leal School Room #213 third graders

###

 indi go Artist Co-Op was opened in April 2009 under the belief that
“Visual Space Has Essentially No Owner”. It operates as a gallery, music
venue, and performance space for artists, musicians, and performers in the
Champaign-Urbana area. For more information please visit indi-go-art.com.

--
Shannon Beck
Gallery Director