[IMC] Exciting News from C4A--NEW String Academy!

Robin Kearton (C4A) c4adirector at gmail.com
Tue May 1 20:00:55 UTC 2012

Announcing our New STRING ACADEMY

Blending Suzuki and Traditional Approaches with New Innovations

Highlights:

Team of Teachers

Private Lessons

Group Instruction

Violin and Cello

Performance Opportunities

Students ages 4 to 18

Want to know more?

Visit our website for complete information:
<http://www.c-4a.org/lessons/c4astringacademy/>
www.c-4a.org/lessons/c4astringacademy/

Contact us at:  <mailto:c4astringacademy at gmail.com>
c4astringacademy at gmail.com

Attend An Information Session!

Learn about the program, enjoy watching a group class presentation, ask
questions and meet us in person. Sessions will last 30-40 minutes.

Sunday, April 29, 3:00 PM

Monday, April 30, 7:00 PM

Location: Sessions will take place at C4A's NEW location-103 North Race
Street, Urbana.

*The C4A String Academy is a community of students, parents and teachers
working together to create an excellent environment of study for the violin
and cello. Students ages 4 to 18 engage in a weekly lesson with a private
instructor, attend weekly group classes, and perform together regularly. The
curriculum builds on the work of Shinichi Suzuki, Paul Rolland, and Mimi
Zweig. These proven methods in violin pedagogy are enhanced by the
collaboration of C4A faculty members. Our variety of perspectives creates an
exciting and engaging program for mastering technique and becoming
well-rounded musicians.

Robin Kearton

Director, Community Center for the Arts, C4A

Aaron Jacobs

Coordinator, C4A String Academy

"Teaching music is not my main purpose. I want to make good citizens. If
children hear fine music from the day of their birth and learn to play it,
they develop sensitivity, discipline and endurance. They get a beautiful
heart." -Shinichi Suzuki