[IMC] General inquiry about a class

Thibeault, Matthew D mdthib at illinois.edu
Sat May 5 16:36:19 UTC 2012

I'm not sure where to direct this, but I teach a class at UIUC that is interested in offering a class through the IMC this fall.

Basically, we'd like to offer a course to adults (18+, I think, due to the second part of this proposal). We'd have in mind a 6-week (once a week) class, to learn to play and sing with the ukulele. Three classes would be in a classroom (IMC or UIUC), followed by a three-week singalong residency at the Blind Pig. We're open to other possibilities, too.

Can you forward this to someone at the IMC who can assist us in assessing whether and how this might be possible? Thanks!

Matt
PS—We have a blog: http://homebrewukuleleunion.wordpress.com/
Here's a good general article about the class that would teach the IMC class: http://news.illinois.edu/postmarks/spring_2012/ukulele.html
Matthew Thibeault
Assistant Professor of Music Education and Education (Affiliate)
University of Illinois
matthewthibeault.com<http://matthewthibeault.com>