[IMC] WRFU Tower starts TODAY. I need your volunteer availability

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at ojctech.com
Mon Nov 5 12:57:46 UTC 2012

Thanks to everyone who has come forward to help out with the tower project
- the tower arrives by truck today.  It will weigh 3900 pounds and be 100
feet tall!!

So far I have myself, Chris E, Alex, and Martel, Dane, Pat, Ricardo, Ritzo,
and Kruse signed up to help.  THANK YOU!

*ALL VOLUNTEERS let me know your availability for the next week. Work will
run 8-12 and 1:30 to 6:30pm every day. The heaviest needs are Thurs, Fri,
Sat, Sun and Tuesday - if you can help any part of these days, let me know!*

Here's an orientation email from Petri:

Thanks for agreeing to help out on the tower.   It is hard work but a lot
of fun!

Don't dress in your sunday best.  Chances are, you will be lifting or
digging or tightening bolts or whatever, so wear clothes that you don't
mind getting beat up.  Especially if you are there on concrete day

It's getting cold, but you will be working hard, so try to dress in layers
that you can take off as you warm up.

Don't forget to warm up, stretch and take care of your muscles! We have
some things, but any personal safety ear you have is a good idea to bring:
 ear plugs, back braces,  gloves, knee pads, gloves, safety glasses or
goggles or things of that nature.

Try to keep your clothing self contained, we don't want to see your
dangling earrings get caught in a grinder wheel!

Make sure any tools you bring are marked with your name, so we can be sure
that you get them back. If you are going to leave anything tools with us
for the project, please check them in with Chris, he will inventory them
for the project.

Our normal workshifts each day will be 8 am till noon, a break for lunch
and logistics, then 1:30 pm till 6:30pm . Please let us know if you need to
come at a different time from then-- We have flexibility and understand
that you are volunteering, but  every step depends on the last, and some
simply can not be done if there are not enough hands holding things up in
the air. So we are really counting on you, and our construction schedule (
with a lot of IMC money being paid for  $150 and hour cranes and rented
tools etcetera depends on you being there at the scheduled time).

thanks,
petri

On SaturdayNov 3, 2012, at 8:42 PM, Danielle Chynoweth <chyn at ojctech.com>