[IMC] 1867 Society + You!

Shannon Sabino sabino2 at illinois.edu
Fri Nov 16 22:19:25 UTC 2012

Fellow student leaders,

I am reaching out to you once again regarding Club 1867. A few
organizations have contacted us with questions and/or interest and we're
excited about this initiative. I'd like to remind you that if you have any
questions, feel free to contact me via email or the organization website.
Both are listed at the bottom of this email.

To refresh your memory, Club 1867 is a project where we're trying to raise
awareness on campus about philanthropy. We have a gift named the 1867
Society Fund which we present to a student organization to help with their
campus-based project. This fund is comprised of donations by students and
in past years it has ranged from $1,100 - $1,400. Proposals to the fund
will be accepted for the next few weeks and Club 1867 attempts to create a
group of RSOs that donate to the fund and are then eligible to vote on
where the funding will go. Our expectation is a minimum donation of $20
from each organization. This donation can be a collective effort from all
the members of the organization. The goal of Club 1867 is to raise $1,867
towards the fund.

As an organization, the advantages of joining club 1867 are as follows:

   1. The RSO is eligible to vote to determine who receives the 1867
   Society Fund
   2. The RSO will have their organizational activities and events
   highlighted on our campus calender
   3. The RSO will have their events promoted and displayed by 1867
   Society's social media (Twitter and Facebook)
   4. The RSO will be recognized for its participation on the 1867 Society
   website.

Proposals for the fund can be submitted at this link:   *
https://illinois.edu/fb/sec/9040451*

*Important date:* 12/31/2012 - Proposal submission deadline

We sincerely hope you will join Club 1867 and join us in promoting a sense
of philanthropy in all students here at the University of Illinois. If you
have any questions, feel free to contact me or our organization at
1867society at gmail.com. We would be happy to meet you in person as well.