[IMC] FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Eszter Sápi indigo.coop at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 22:57:49 UTC 2012

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

November 26, 2012

CONTACT:

Eszter Sápi

indigo.coop at gmail.com

217-898-4646

 *Gallery information:*
Indi Go Artist Co-Op
9 E. University Ave.
Champaign, IL 61820

*Gallery hours:*

Monday-Wednesday: 4:30-8:30pm

Thursday: 5:30-8:30pm

Friday: 4-7pm

Saturday: 11-7pm

Sunday: 11-3pm

*Chambanamom’s Birthday Bash*

November 28th, 2012, 8pm @ Indi Go Artist Co-Op

It's our third birthday and we want to party with you - in the name of fun,
friends, food, and most importantly, our opportunity to give back to the
community that has embraced us with open arms.

The 3rd annual chambanamoms birthday bash is an excuse for a Mom's Night
Out. We'll have food, music, door prizes, chair massages from La Vida
Massage, and of course, cake. And we hope to have a few surprises here and
there as well.

Tickets for this event are $10 online and $12 at the door.

Every dollar from ticket sales will be matched and the total will be
donated to the Champaign County YMCA Strong Kids Campaign.

 *Lisa Lofgren: Still Point **and collaborations with cometogetherstudios***

November 30th – December 11th, 2012

Opening Reception: November 30th, 2012, 7pm @ Indi Go Artist Co-Op

This exihition is houses works by Lisa Lofgren and Matt Erickson of
comtogetherstudios in Bloomington, Illinois. Regarding the Fine Art prints
on the main level, Lofgren writes:

I understand my surroundings through various grounding points in the
landscape. I arrive at grounding points through moments of recognition and
repetition that provide a discovery of where I am located in the world. In
my prints, I look to highlight the instances of discovery that are calming
and comforting, allowing myself to get lost in the subtleties of the print
and the process. Losing oneself through exploration and identifying with
what is outside of us is a transforming experience. It allows us to
identify with what is living or not, concluding that we are all part of the
same existence. Locating the point or line created by intersections or
symmetries relates to the act of grounding myself, which I refer to as the
still point.

Through printing, I am constantly discovering nuances that occur beyond my
control. I print with the hope for irregularities that turn into merging
sites of meaning. Layering mechanical marks, textured shapes, and various
recordings creates connections between seemingly disparate information. The
unity of opposites, or binaries, dissolves differences to create a larger
system of connections than what is perceived.

Regarding the artwork on the below ground level, Erickson stated:

“I found my positive. This show is a collaboration in Love, Relationship,
Art, Life or as I feel it – all the same thing. Working with a past and
present, hers and mine, we assembled these pieces in our shared studio as
they happened. A show or gallery, to me, is no time factor. I let art
happen as it wants and that is what you see here. In the grand sense they
are all in progress; so are we.”

 *Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Fundraiser*

November 30th, 7pm @ Indi Go Artist Co-Op

Paige Hall will be on hand at Indi Go Artist Coop to receive donations for
the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

Paige has participated with LLS for the past 4 years through their Team In
Training Program--training for endurance events while raising money to help
fight against cancer. This year she's been training for the Goofy Challenge
at the Walt Disney World Marathon, where she'll be running a half-marathon
and full marathon on back-to-back days.

Find out more about Team in Training: http://www.teamintraining.org/

To see Paige's profile: http://pages.teamintraining.org/vtnt/wdw13/phall

*Darin Gray in concert at Indi Go; Opening duo: Johnny Ridenour and Jason
Finkleman*

December 8th, 2012, 8pm @ Indi Go Artist Co-Op

$10/ $5 student and artist price

Darin Gray is best known as Jim O’Rourke’s go-to bassist for nearly 20
years, as half of the duo On Fillmore (with Glenn Kotche of Wilco), and as
the bassist for Grand Ulena, Dazzling Killmen, Yona-Kit (with K.K. Null,
Thymme Jones, & Jim O'Rourke), Akira Sakata & Chikamorachi, You Fantastic!,
and Brise-Glace.

As an improviser he has performed and recorded with among others: Loren
Connors, Bill Horist, Tim Barnes, Chris Corsano, Masami Akita (Merzbow),
Joshua Abrams, Nels Cline, Michael Zerang, Raglani, Dave Rempis, Rafael
Toral, Akira Sakata, Dave Stone, Jeb Bishop, Yamashita Yosuke, Tatsuya
Yoshida, Michiyo Yagi, Ghost Ice, Alan Wilkinson, Jason Roebke, Tatsuya
Nakatani, Axel Dorner, George Cartright, Kevin Drumm, Alan Licht, Rob
Mazurek, Gene Coleman, Glenn Kotche, Jim Baker, Michael Colligan, Weasel
Walter, Konono No.1, Brain Transplant, Steve Dalachinsky, Thollem Mcdonas,
Eric Hall, Jim O'Rourke, Ikue Mori, Illusion of Safety, Mars Williams,
Brian Labysz, Jason Soliday, etc...

As a session bassist he has played on recordings by & performed live with
Will Oldham, Cheer-Accident, Rope, Yoshimi P-We, Bobby Conn, Daneilson
Family, Gastr Del Sol, Domenico Lancellotti (from the Brazilian band +2),
Early Day Miners, Bunnygrunt, Jim O'Rourke, etc...

He has toured extensively in the United States, Japan, Brazil, Canada,
Russia, and Europe.

www.darin-gray.com<http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.darin-gray.com&h=SAQFEhJEg&s=1>

Johnny Ridenour (born 1968) has played with the Aluminum Group, Bobby Conn,
Jim O'Rourke, Arthur Brown, Susan Voelz, and many others. He is half of
instrumental duo SPOOL with John Eichenseer. He has a recent record out
called The Guilt & the Ambiguity. He is also a stay-home, home-schooling
dad, urban farmer, psychogeographer, and has recently returned to college.

Jason Finkelman is an award-winning composer whose artistic concerns focus
primarily on the performance of improvised music, cross-cultural
collaborative projects, and composition for dance, theater, and film. A
Philadelphia-born percussionist, Jason specializes in the berimbau, an
Afro-Brazilian musical bow, and performs on a wide variety of African and
Brazilian instruments, many handcrafted by Adimu Kuumba.

*A Benefit Concert for the Center for Women in Transition*

December 13th, 2012, 8pm @ Indi Go Artist Co-Op

Cody & The Gateway Drugs will be playing at Indi Go Artist Co-Op, December
13th, at 8pm.

Free admission.
Please bring your choice of item/s listed below for the Center For Women in
Transition:

Tylenol Cold/Flu, Dayquill, Ibuprophen, Pepto Bismol
Kleenex, Wipes.
Bras & underwear, various sizes
Women socks
Personal care products: shampoo, conditioner, body wash, bar soap, lotion,
products for african-american hair, toothpaste & brushes, deodorant.
Makeup, nail polish & nail care supplies
Winter hats, scarves and gloves.
Towels & washcloths, twin sheet sets.
Children’s Tylenol, Children’s Ibuprophen
Bath products for kids
Kids’ towels
Board books
Board games, toys & books for 2-3 yo, 6 - 9 yo & 12 yo
Craft supplies: crayons, kids' paint and paint brushes, coloring pencils,
markers, doodle paper, construction paper, beading kits for kids,
friendship bracelets kits for kits, glue sticks, kids' scissors, playdoh,
activity pads

About Cody & The Gateway Drugs:
Cody & The Gateway Drugs came together in the Spring of 2012. Semi-young
Cody (Vocals/Guitars/Songs) met immensely talented David Howie
(Vocals,Guitars/Harp.Stuff) several years ago and found that the blend of
their voices made for something special. And special is as special does, so
they reached out to the inimitable Keith Norton (Upright Bass) to supply
the low end. The band is approaching everything in reverse; Play quiet and
get the audience involved in the songs, hide on the internet, and do it for
the art, not the money, cars and cheeseburgers.
Watch these little Johnnys' grow from musical sprouts to tall oaks of music
legend. See 'em now and get to say, "hey, I saw 'em before they were
famous".

--
Eszter Sápi
Gallery Director