[IMC] The Yes Men Are Revolting (Kickstarter campaign)

Stuart Levy salevy at illinois.edu
Tue Oct 23 19:44:34 UTC 2012

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	The Yes Men Are Revolting
Date: 	Tue, 23 Oct 2012 07:31:27 +0000
From: 	The Yes Men <info at tmwrk.com>
To: 	<imc-bounces at lists.ucimc.org>

Close up of Andy and Mike with spray paint cans
<http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1194236337/the-yes-men-are-revolting>

Dear Friend,

As you may know by now, we're making a new movie, /The Yes Men are
Revolting/
<http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1194236337/the-yes-men-are-revolting>,
that uses humor and disruptive action to focus on climate change, the
corporate money that keeps us from addressing it, and the movement that
can take our democracy back. It will also launch our most ambitious plan
ever: a platform to turn every viewer's enthusiasm and energy into
action around these these life-or-death issues and more.

But to do all this we need you. We need you to support our crowdfunding
campaign on Kickstarter
<http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1194236337/the-yes-men-are-revolting>,
or just spread the word
<https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?source=webclient&text=%40TheYesMen+are+%23revolting+-+help+them%21+http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kickstarter.com%2Fprojects%2F1194236337%2Fthe-yes-men-are-revolting>.

When you pledge to this project, a whole host of unique rewards are
yours—including a Secret Decoder Ring that's loaded with media and an
access code to secret communications we'll be sending you soon. There
are also some more practical rewards—like a Halliburton Survivaball,
essential for surviving imminent climate catastrophe.

By pledging, you will be making possible a very funny film about our
action-packed mission to hold governments accountable despite
overwhelming corporate influence. It's got hilarious exploits, shocking
documentary footage, nasty stings on evildoers, and a personal story
that's sure to keep viewers on the edge of their seats.

But what's truly unique about this film is that at the end, it provides
a human-staffed platform to help /every viewer/ get active themselves.
Our "Action Switchboard"—which we're designing in cahoots with folks at
Mozilla—taps our 100,000-activist database to create fun, meaningful,
movement-building projects around the issues we all care about.

On our Kickstarter page
<http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1194236337/the-yes-men-are-revolting>,
you'll find one of the weirdest, funniest “direct action” videos you're
likely to see. Check it out—and even if you're not in a position to kick
in money, you can tweet or facebook the link.

Please support
<http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1194236337/the-yes-men-are-revolting>
and spread the word
<https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?source=webclient&text=%40TheYesMen+are+%23revolting+-+help+them%21+http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kickstarter.com%2Fprojects%2F1194236337%2Fthe-yes-men-are-revolting>
about The Yes Men Are Revolting and the Action Switchboard. Direct
action is critical to democracy. Let's make more of it!

Andy, Mike and the whole Yes Men gang
@theyesmen
#revolting
<https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?source=webclient&text=%40TheYesMen+are+%23revolting+-+help+them%21+http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kickstarter.com%2Fprojects%2F1194236337%2Fthe-yes-men-are-revolting>

Visit the Kickstarter project now:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1194236337/the-yes-men-are-revolting

Brought to you by The Yes Men <http://theyesmen.org> and Yes Lab
<http://yeslab.org/>.

The Yes Lab is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to helping right
the world's wrongs through creative activism. Join us!

Edit your profile
<http://tmwrk.com/edit-profile?cid1=103616&cs=74ba1a1357041293e12c2a7dcf1625a7_1350977486_168>
| Unsubscribe
<http://tmwrk.com/civicrm/mailing/optout?reset=1&jid=81&qid=24616&h=94aef858452bb341>