[IMC] ACTIONS Program Open House

Stephanie Stuart stuartst at champaignschools.org
Mon Aug 19 15:38:36 UTC 2013

Good Morning,

As we kick off the school year, one new program here in Champaign Schools is ACTIONS, an alternative to suspension program which stands for Alternative Center for Targeted Instruction and ONgoing Support. This is unlike anything Champaign schools has done in the past, and we'd be happy to share the goals and processes of this new program. ACTIONS will work directly with students who have been suspended, and students will report directly to the program instead of spending the day at home. Students will have access to teachers as well as social/emotional supports in order to form a plan for success upon return to their home school.

ACTIONS Program Administrator Katie Ahsell and the ACTIONS staff will host an open house on Wednesday from 8:30-11:00 a.m. in room 38 at the Family Information Center, and will be doing 10 minute overviews of the program each half hour. We hope you will join us is learning more about the program as we kick off the 2013-2014 school year.  I have copied Ms. Ahsell on this message who would be happy to work with you directly and answer any further program questions.

Best wishes,
Stephanie

Stephanie Stuart
Community Relations Coordinator