[IMC] Upcoming Media Justice Conferences

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at ojctech.com
Tue Jan 15 18:26:44 UTC 2013

I want to invite your participation in two upcoming media justice
conferences. I am working on delegations from UCIMC for each and ensuring
everyone who wants to go can do so.  *Please let me know if you are
interested:* chyn at ojctech.com.

*National Conference for Media
Reform<http://conference.freepress.net/ncmr-home>by Free Press
*
*April 5-7 in Denver*
Huge learning and networking opportunity focused on community journalism,
social justice, policy, internet
freedom<http://conference.freepress.net/ncmr2013-themes>.
Great presenters <http://conference.freepress.net/presenters> including
Juan Gonzales of DN! and writer Stacey Ann Chin.
Session proposals are closed - UCIMC may lead a panel on broadband.
I applied for a scholarship for 4 people, but are welcome to apply on your
own scholarship <http://conference.freepress.net/scholarship-program> here.
You can go on your own or work together to share travel and housing.

*Allied Media Conference  <http://amc.alliedmedia.org>*
*June 20-23 in Detroit*
Vibrant conference of social justice organizers who use media for social
change.  Includes tours of amazing community media and arts projects in
Detroit.
UCIMC is helped to curate the policy track.
Will be requesting proposals for sessions soon - consider submitting an
idea.
Scholarships for the conference, travel, and housing available later this
Spring.

thanks!
Danielle