[IMC] The IMC

Jeff Rousset jrousset at prometheusradio.org
Thu Jan 17 22:47:36 UTC 2013

Hi Leah,

Danielle, thanks for connecting us. I just did an event in Miami in
December about the chance to start stations! It's too bad we missed each
other. Power U <http://www.poweru.org/> hosted the event and they're
interested in applying. I also spent a few days in South Florida with
the Coalition
of Immokalee Workers <http://ciw-online.org/> and their Low Power FM
station, which was amazing.

I listened to your interview <http://miamilpfm.wordpress.com/> on Let's
Talk About It, and it was great. I think your whole blog is really good and
I especially appreciate how you're using this opportunity to build media
literacy.

Can we talk any time next week about the LPFM expansion work you're doing
in Miami and opportunities to connect that to our national campaign and
other efforts happening in your region?

Thanks,
Jeff
--
Jeff Rousset
National Organizer

"Community radio is 90% about community and 10% about radio."
- Zane Ibrahim of Bush Radio in South Africa