[IMC] [Imc-tenants] BUILDING SECURITY/DOOR LOCKING

carol ammons carolammons at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 21:29:52 UTC 2013

Hi Everyone,

Mike, thanks for all of your suggestions.  I just wanted to give you an
update.  I spoke with Tri-Color today and had them come out to look at the
front door and two others to address locking needs.  The initial
recommendation is to install a timed locking system on the front door, with
set hours for public access.  Their representative is working on a quote
for the door and will get it to me by tomorrow.

I also spoke with Michael Hicks, the Postmaster for this location.  He
stated that the IMC has complete control of access points and can
established a closing time for the lobby.  If the door is set on a timer, I
recommend public hours to be from 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. Outside of those hours,
keyed members will still have access to the door using there AB41 key.  In
the interim, we all need help locking and re-lock the doors that we enter
and exit after normal business hours.  Mr. Russell will be locking the
front door with the hex key and checking on the space during off hours.

If you are willing to help with building checks, please let me know.  I'd
like to get a few other folks to help with this until the door has been
re-mediated.
Thanks to all of those who are able to help.

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 2:47 PM, Mike Lehman <rebelmike at earthlink.net>wrote:

>  Ed,
> They're working on that. I've passed the info on what they need to restore
> it. As you noted, there is probably a place for other changes on that
> entrance, too.
> Mike
>

> On 1/22/2013 10:55 AM, Ed Hawkes wrote:
>
>  One major issue is there is no way to lock the front door of the lobby.
> There used to be a way to lock it with an allen wrench, but the allen
> wrench disappeared. Most likely it needs a different kind of lock.
>
> Ed

Carol Ammons-Operation Director
UC-IMC, ucimc.org
202 S. Broadway Avenue