[IMC] [Imc-tenants] BUILDING SECURITY/DOOR LOCKING

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at ojctech.com
Sun Jan 27 03:44:22 UTC 2013

My guess is that a timed locking system will cost between $1000 - $2000.
 That is 1/5 of our entire 10 K budget for the building this year.  The
broken lock in the back was $800  - another 1/10.  At this rate, we will
have little left to do other absolutely essential repairs.

Please be reminded that such a level of purchase should come to the board
for approval - as should everything over $500, as per our policy.

I suggest we use the hex to lock the front door as we have been doing for
many years and see how well that remediates people in the lobby.

I also suggest we approach the city to see if they can be a warming center
on the coldest of nights.  Kicking people out in sub zero weather can kill
them.

- Danielle