[IMC] Looking at Democracy creative competition

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at ojctech.com
Thu Jan 31 21:00:21 UTC 2013

=========================
The Illinois Humanities Council, with support from the John D. and
Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, is sponsoring a nationwide challenge
called Looking at Democracy. The purpose of this competition is to generate
short, provocative digital media content designed to spark a national
conversation about how we can all come together to strengthen American
democracy. A total of $100,000 in prize money in 5 categories will be
awarded.

Submissions may take the form of short videos, audio clips, animation,
music videos, public service announcements, infographics, graphic art, and
even Facebook and iPhone apps. They all just need to be digital so they can
be shared electronically.

For more details, see the competition page:
http://www.LookingAtDemocracy.org <http://www.lookingatdemocracy.org/>.

Submissions will be accepted beginning February 4th, 2013. The deadline is
April 30, 2013.

We are hoping you might help to build awareness for this national
competition – by featuring this challenge on your website, sending this
note to your email lists, through social media, etc. Our hope is to
generate interest and encourage thinking about possible projects.

If you have any questions, please contact us at
lookingatdemocracy at prairie.org.

Sincerely,

Geoffrey Banks
Director of Programs & Partnerships