[IMC] Champaign Unit #4 School District Launches New Website

Stephanie Stuart stuartst at champaignschools.org
Thu Jul 11 13:26:54 UTC 2013

Champaign Unit #4 School District has launched a new District website<http://www.champaignschools.org> to improve transparency, elevate the District's web presence, and communicate more clearly with stakeholders such as parents, students, employees, and community members.

"As we further integrate technology into our curriculum, we recognized it was time to also improve the way we deliver information on our website," said Superintendent Dr. Judy Wiegand. "With more than 1.3 million visitors each year, our website gives us a platform to talk about the accomplishments of our students and staff, as well as provide essential information to our families. We are excited to make that first step today."

In addition to a design refresh, features of the new Unit 4 website include:

Streamlined Site Navigation - Intuitive site navigation and a new site search feature connects you to the content you need quickly and efficiently. The most commonly used features have been added as "quick links" to the top of every page for easy access.

Improved Accessibility to Public Documents - A new Public Information/FOIA section connects you to documents the District makes available to the public and provides contact information on how to request additional information through FOIA.

Easy Viewing on Mobile Devices - Whether you're accessing the site from a computer, tablet, or smartphone, you will be able to use the full functionality of the new District website.

Integrated Calendar System - A new comprehensive calendar system will make all school and district calendars viewable on one page.

Superintendent's Corner - Stay up-to-date with District news by following the Superintendent's weekly newsletter messages and read about some of the Superintendent's goals and initiatives.

Social Media Integration - All of the District social media accounts-including Facebook, Twitter, and Vimeo-are now easily accessible from the front page. You can also tweet directly at @Unit4Schools from the home page.

These improvements mark the first phase of a comprehensive site redesign for the District. Later this year, newly redesigned school websites and an employee intranet will launch.

The new website is available starting today at www.champaignschools.org<http://www.champaignschools.org>. Questions or feedback on the new website can be directed at webmaster at chmpaignschools.org<mailto:webmaster at chmpaignschools.org>.

Stephanie Stuart
Community Relations Coordinator
Champaign Unit #4 School District