[IMC] KRANNERT CENTER ANNOUNCES 2013-14 SEASON

Lee-Calfas, Bridget bklee at illinois.edu
Thu May 9 15:21:16 UTC 2013

For Immediate Release: May 9, 2013

For more information, logos, or photography, please contact:

Bridget Lee-Calfas, Advertising and Publicity Director

KrannertCenter.com<http://KrannertCenter.com>

bklee at illinois.edu<mailto:bklee at illinois.edu>

217/333-6282

KRANNERT CENTER ANNOUNCES 2013-14 SEASON

Captivating, fresh, life-affirming, restorative, unexpected, whimsical, and uplifting—the 2013-14 season at Krannert Center for the Performing Arts is bursting with hundreds of performances, artful encounters, and everyday discoveries that await all in our community. From the cherished classical repertoire of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra and the San Francisco Symphony to the dizzying feats of Diavolo and the Hungarian State Folk Ensemble, from the inspiring young musicians on the Center’s Sunday Salon Series—Emerging Artistry to ever-entertaining veterans like Peter Nero and Pinchas Zukerman, the new season offers diversity, excellence, and uncommon creativity across a multiplicity of genres and from throughout the globe.

The full lineup for ELLNORA | The Guitar Festival will be announced on June 11.

Season books and online event descriptions will be available on Thursday, July 18.

Tickets go on sale on Saturday, August 10 at 10am. Tickets can be purchased online at KrannertCenter.com<http://KrannertCenter.com>; by phone at 217/333-6280 or 800/KCPATIX (TTY: 217/333-9714); or in person at the Ticket Office (10am-6pm every day).

For more updates, continue to check in at KrannertCenter.com<http://KrannertCenter.com> and EllnoraGuitarFestival.com<http://EllnoraGuitarFestival.com>.

2013-14 Marquee, Illinois Theatre, Dance at Illinois,

and UI School of Music Opera Program Performances:

September

5-7 Th-Sa | Ellnora | The Guitar Festival

12 Th 7:30pm | Jupiter String Quartet with the Jasper String Quartet

14 Sa 7:30pm | Dr. Lonnie Smith’s “In the Beginning” Octet

19-20 Th-Fr 7:30pm | Not What Happened

21 Sa 7:30pm | An Evening with Audra McDonald

24 Tu 7:30pm | Armitage Gone! Dance: Fables on Global Warming

26 Th 7:30pm | Pygmalion Music Festival

28 Sa 7:30pm | Orquesta Buena Vista Social Club® with opening act Roberto Fonseca

October

3-5 Th-Sa 7:30pm | Illinois Theatre: 9 Parts of Desire

4 Fr 7pm | MU: One Ocean, One World

9-12 We-Sa 7:30pm | Illinois Theatre: 9 Parts of Desire

12 Sa 7:30pm | Chicago Symphony Orchestra

13 Su 3pm | Illinois Theatre: 9 Parts of Desire

23 We 7pm | Hungarian State Folk Ensemble: Gypsy Romance

24-26 Th-Sa 7:30pm | Illinois Theatre: The Tempest

26 Sa 6:30pm | Illinois Theatre: Dessert and Conversation: The Tempest

30 We 7:30pm | Apollo’s Fire Baroque Orchestra

31 Th 7:30pm | Illinois Theatre: The Tempest

November

1-2 Fr-Sa 7:30pm | Illinois Theatre: The Tempest

3 Su 2pm | Illinois Theatre: Dessert and Conversation: The Tempest

3 Su 3pm | Concert Artists Guild First Prize Winner: Jay Campbell, cello

3 Su 3pm | Illinois Theatre: The Tempest

7 Th 7:30pm | Sir James Galway and Lady Jeanne Galway with the Irish Chamber Orchestra

7-9 Th-Sa 7:30pm | Illinois Theatre: Clybourne Park

13-16 We-Sa 7:30pm | Illinois Theatre: Clybourne Park

14-16 Th-Sa 7:30pm | Dance at Illinois: November Dance: Big Tiny Little Dance

14-16 Th-Sa 7:30pm | UI School of Music Opera Program: Falstaff

15 Fr 6:30pm | Dance at Illinois: Dessert and Conversation: November Dance

15 Fr 7:30pm | San Francisco Symphony

16 Sa 6:30pm | UI School of Music Opera Program: Libretto: Falstaff

17 Su 2pm | UI School of Music Opera Program: Libretto: Falstaff

17 Su 3pm | Illinois Theatre: Clybourne Park

17 Su 3pm | UI School of Music Opera Program: Falstaff

20-21 We-Th 7:30pm | Chocolate Woman Dreams the Milky Way

21 Th 7:30pm | Joshua Redman Quartet with Aaron Goldberg, Reuben Rogers, and Gregory Hutchinson

December

5 Th 7:30pm | Takács Quartet

5-6 Th-Fr 7:30pm | The Nutcracker

7 Sa 2pm & 7:30pm | The Nutcracker

8 Su 2pm & 6pm | The Nutcracker

January

21 Tu 7pm | Moscow Festival Ballet: Swan Lake

22 We 7pm | Moscow Festival Ballet: Giselle

23 Th 7pm | Moscow Festival Ballet: Cinderella

30 Th 7:30pm | Jupiter String Quartet

February

1 Sa 7:30pm | Labyrinth

5-7 We-Fr 7:30pm | Illinois Theatre: The Sullivan Project

6-8 Th-Sa 7:30pm | Dance at Illinois: February Dance: Hybridity

7 Fr 6:30pm | Dance at Illinois: Dessert and Conversation: February Dance

8-9 Sa-Su 2pm & 7:30pm | Illinois Theatre: The Sullivan Project

9 Su 3pm | Young Concert Artists Winner: Julia Bullock, soprano

20-22 Th-Sa 7:30pm | Vijay Iyer Trio

22 Sa 7:30pm | Haifa Symphony Orchestra of Israel

28 Fr 7:30pm | The Demo

March

1 Sa 7:30pm | Venice Baroque Orchestra

6 Th 7:30pm | Meredith Monk: On Behalf of Nature

6-8 Th-Sa 7pm & 9pm | Dance at Illinois: Studiodance I: Nico Johanna Niall

6-8 Th-Sa 7:30pm | UI School of Music Opera Program: Orpheus in the Underworld

8 Sa 6:30pm | UI School of Music Opera Program: Libretto: Orpheus in the Underworld

9 Su 2pm | UI School of Music Opera Program: Libretto: Orpheus in the Underworld

9 Su 3pm | UI School of Music Opera Program: Orpheus in the Underworld

14-15 Fr-Sa 7:30pm | Mark Morris Dance Group

15 Sa 10am | Jupiter String Quartet: Bagels and Beethoven

19 We 7:30pm | Kronos Quartet

April

3 Th 7:30pm | Pinchas Zukerman, violin and viola, and Yefim Bronfman, piano

3-5 Th-Sa 7:30pm | Illinois Theatre: O Beautiful

6 Su 3pm | Van Cliburn Competition Winner

9-12 We-Sa 7:30pm | Illinois Theatre: O Beautiful

10-12 Th-Sa 7:30pm | Illinois Theatre: Much Ado About Nothing

12 Sa 7:30pm | Peter Nero

13 Su 2pm | Illinois Theatre: Dessert and Conversation: Much Ado About Nothing

13 Su 3pm | Illinois Theatre: Much Ado About Nothing

13 Su 3pm | Illinois Theatre: O Beautiful

15 Tu 7:30pm | Illinois Theatre: Much Ado About Nothing

17-19 Th-Sa 7:30pm | Illinois Theatre: Much Ado About Nothing

19 Sa 6:30pm | Illinois Theatre: Dessert and Conversation: Much Ado About Nothing

24 Th 5pm, 5:30pm, 6pm & 6:30pm | Compagnia T.P.O. Virtual Playground

24-26 Th-Sa 7pm & 9pm | Dance at Illinois: Studiodance II

25 Fr 7pm | Compagnia T.P.O.: Bleu! The Mediterranean Sea

26 Sa 11am & 3pm | Compagnia T.P.O.: Bleu! The Mediterranean Sea

30 We 7pm | Diavolo

May

1 Th 7:30pm | Nathan and Julie Gunn and Friends

3 Sa 7:30pm | David Roussève/REALITY: Stardust

4 Su 3pm | Krannert Center Debut Artist

Programs and artists are subject to change.

Bridget Lee-Calfas
Advertising and Publicity Director
Krannert Center for the Performing Arts
500 South Goodwin Ave, Urbana, IL 61801