[IMC] Need your vote today.

NEO AFSC LDavis at afsc.org
Thu May 9 17:47:08 UTC 2013

Dear friend,
A video letter to Congress—“Dear Congress, Invest in Us” —that we made during last month’s If I Had a Trillion Dollars youth film festival is now up for the People’s Choice Award in the Looking @ Democracy contest.

We need your vote today! You can vote from now through May 16.

We made this video to inspire more youth to speak truth to power and understand the impact their voices can have on our lawmakers.

It features some of the 65 young people who came to Washington, D.C. for last month’s film festival and leadership institute. After envisioning their ideal world—and forming a federal budget that reflected their priorities—they talked to Congress, sharing ideas about how funding for education, homeless assistance, and the environment could improve communities.

You’ve been a constant supporter of our work to change the country’s budget priorities. Now we need your votes so we can get more visibility for the important message to invest in people, not the Pentagon—and so we can amplify the voices of these young people. They’re already chanting, “Another world is possible.” Let’s follow their lead.

Here’s how to vote:

1.    Click here to view the video. https://glr.starcafecrm.org/sites/glr.starcafecrm.org/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=13110&qid=645957

2.    Click the red button that says "Vote."

3.    When prompted, sign up by entering your name, e-mail and creating a password.

4.    When it automatically returns to the submission page, make sure that it says "Thank you for voting" in the top right-hand corner. If you don't see this message, go back to this link and click the “Vote” button again.

5.    Tell your friends and family—ask them to vote, too!

For updates on If I Had a Trillion Dollars, please connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and ihtd.org.

In peace,

Erin Polley
Program Coordinator
If I Had A Trillion Dollars