[IMC] Creative Writing Club at UHS

Brian Schmitt bjschmitt at usd116.org
Wed Aug 20 13:49:57 EDT 2014

Good morning,

My name is Brian Schmitt, and I'm an English teacher at Urbana High School
and Sponsor for the Creative Writing Club. We have many talented and
wonderful students who have this opportunity to share their work and hear
work from their peers. I would love to take advantage of any opportunity to
bring my students to a poetry/writing event. While perusing your website,
I've noticed you've held poetry slams/events in the past, but I couldn't
find anything with certain and near dates.

Could you inform me of any events this year? I've already mentioned the
possibility of a field trip, and the students are really excited. It would
benefit them greatly to see how integral the arts are to our community, and
what opportunities they have to pursue their creativity.

Thank you for your time.

Brian Schmitt
English Teacher
Urbana High School