[IMC] Filmapalooza Regular Deadline, New Genres for 2014, and Early Tour Dates

48 Hour Film Project markandliz at 48hourfilm.com
Thu Feb 20 11:11:08 UTC 2014

48 Hour Film Project Newsletter
February 2014
Editor: Brian Bowers

February 48HFP Newsletter

Filmapalooza Regular Deadline February 20th!

Early 2014 Tour Dates!

48HFP Video Gallery

New Genres for 2014

Filmapalooza Regular Deadline February 20th!

[1]Still not registered for [2]Filmapalooza in New Orleans? The final countdown
has begun, with less than three weeks before 48 Hour filmmakers from all around
the world converge on the Big Easy. The clock is also ticking on the deadline
for regular registration--sign up by this Thursday in order to get the regular
registration rate and to [3]secure your spot for one of the wildest weekends of
your life.

Filmmakers representing over 80 cities on six different continents are already
registered, making this truly a worldwide film event, which takes place March
6th - 10th in New Orleans. Not only will we be screening the Best Films from
each stop on our 2013 tour, but we've planned a event jam packed with networking
events, workshops, and tons of parties!

Filmapalooza highlights include:
* Screenings of all 2013 Best Films in the historic [4]Joy Theater
* opening night "New Orleans Celebration"
* workshops in film finance and cinematography
* our annual karaoke party, plus a NOLA pub crawl
* the U.S. premier of 48 Minutes, a feature film made in 48 days
* special Awards Ceremony and final Wrap Party

The tentative events schedule can be downloaded [5]here. In addition, New
Orleans is a city rich in arts & culture with plenty of sights, great food, and
tons of fun events. Mardis Gras is just days before Filmapalooza kicks off--plan
on coming earlier in the week to experience the wild, fun festival that is a
trademark event in New Orleans. Filmmakers can sign up to enjoy checking out the
shooting locations of films such as 12 Years a Slave, and Dallas Buyer's Club on
a special [6]movie tour. And almost everyone will appreciate the frequent sounds
of great music filling the air in the city that is the birthplace of jazz.

Still not convinced? Watch the video below for highlights of last year's
Filmapalooza in Hollywood and see what a truly life-changing event this really
can be. But you've got to act fast--[7]register by this Thursday to secure your
spot!

[8][jpeg]

March 6th - 10th

Get all the details and register at [9]http://www.48hourfilm.com/filmapalooza

[10]

Watch the video for highlights from last year's Filmapalooza in Hollywood

Early 2014 Tour Dates
It's hard to believe but as we celebrate last year's 48HFP Tour at Filmapalooza,
some filmmakers are already gearing up for their 48HFP competitions for this
year. Breda (The Netherlands) will officially kick off this year's Tour on March
7th-9th during our Filmapalooza weekend. Tours (France), one of our newest
cities for 2014 will kick off their inaugural competition April 4th-6th, and
Madison will be the first U.S. city during the weekend of April 25th-27th. The
list of cities that have already set their 48HFP dates is below. Dates for most
of our cities will be set during the next couple of months--for the most up to
date listing at any given time visit our  Tour Schedule
at [11]https://www.48hourfilm.com/en/tour/chronological.php.
Filmmaker Q&A from the 2013 Breda 48HFP
screenings. Photo by Richard Schut
[12][jpeg]

Don't see your city on our tour? Email [13]newcities at 48hourfilm.com to get more
information on how we can bring the 48HFP to you!

48HFP Video Gallery

The videos below are just a small sample of the Best Films we'll be showing up
on the big screen at Filmapalooza. These films along with all the rest of the
films screening at Filmapalooza are in the running to possibly be crowned the
"Best 48 Hour Film of 2013" and also screen at Cannes. We love showcasing our
top films so if you are a Best Film winner and would like to see your film
featured in our newsletter, send us the link to [14]newsletter at 48hourfilm.com.
Make sure you review [15]the guidelines for putting your film online first.

[16]
"Once A Loser" by ROARing Video
New York 48HFP

[17]
“Delik” by Süha Birben
Istanbul 48HFP

[18]
"All For Knot" by Brainfox/In the Car
Boston 48HFP

New Genres for 2014
The year 2014 brings a lot of fun new genre changes! This year we introduce the
genre Fish Out of Water! Say goodbye Buddy
Film, Crime/Gangster, Fantasy, Mistaken Identity, Superhero and Vacation or
Holiday Film - at least for this year. We're also bringing back the popular
genres Time Travel, Film Noir, Road Movie, Silent Film and Film de Femme. And it
wouldn't be the 48 Hour Film Project without those three beloved words: Musical
or Western!

In addition, this year's wild card genres are, well, WILD! We've added some
tough ones: Chase/Escape Film and Inspirational Film! We've also added some
crowd pleasers: Monster/Creature Feature and Spoof/Parody.

Drawing a genre at random is one of the reasons that make the 48HFP so
challenging and exciting. Get the full list of genres that could be in store for
you at

[19]https://www.48hourfilm.com/en/filmmakers/genres.php.

Get Social!
[20] [png]          [21] [png]           [22] [png]