[IMC] Reporting Abuse and Harassment on www.indymedia.org

gaurav wahi gaurav.wahi at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 18 21:12:02 UTC 2014

Dear Sir,
- This is a complain regarding abuse and harassment by anonymous persons using the Open publishing platform of www.indymedia.org. As you may note, Indymedia.org doesnt do any editorial check on the content being posted and hence is a website that offers scrupulous persons to put false, derogatory, baseless and defamatory content to cause harassment and harm to anyone.
- I have written to www.indymedia.org atleast 100 times but have never ever recieved a response, nor any corrective action has been taken. While "freedom of expression" is an important aspect in our lives, but this right also comes with duty of accuracy, fairness and truth.
- The same false content has been hosted on 8 URLs on www.indymedia.org and makes false, offensive and highly objectionable allegations like International Espionage, Spying, Bribery etc etc., purely to defame and harass. My multiple attempts to put a comment below these articles has not been acknowledged even.
- The same content verbatim was posted by these same anonymous persons using a fake identity, email address and contact details on other reputed sites like www.pressbox.co.uk, www.free-press-release.com, www.prskore.com, www.prlog.net etc. All these responsible websites, upon noting the false nature of the defamatory content have already removed it. An address and phone number of New Delhi provided by these anonymous persons was found to be fake after the police went to verify the details, upon an earlier complaint.
- Thus i request you to kindly put this mail through to the concerned people at www.indymedia.org who can take necessary corrective action by removal of this false content.
- I would be glad to assist in an independent verification of police and court records in India by putting them through to the officials on their publically available phone numbers (as on government websites).
- You may note from a reading of this impunged content that such highly defamatory allegations are a figment of someone's imagination purely for the purpose of abuse, harm and harassment.
Trust you would take necessary corrective action on the URLs given below.
URL 1: http://www.indymedia.org/fr/2007/02/880477.shtml URL 2: http://www.indymedia.org/el/2007/02/880477.shtml URL 3: http://www.indymedia.org/es/2007/02/880477.shtml URL 4: http://www.indymedia.org/de/2007/02/880477.shtml URL 5: http://www.indymedia.org/en/2007/02/880477.shtml URL 6: http://www.indymedia.org/it/2007/02/880477.shtml URL 7: http://www.indymedia.org/nl/2007/02/880477.shtml URL 8: http://www.indymedia.org/pt/2007/02/880477.shtml Warm regards.
Gaurav Wahi
+91 8802309215