[IMC] Organizing Monthly Urbana Art Walk

Shawna Arnesen shawnaarnesen at gmail.com
Sat May 10 13:27:50 EDT 2014

Dear Urbana Art Community Member,

I am writing Urbana art venues to assess local interest in organizing a
monthly art walk downtown. Ideally, the Urbana Art Walk will take place on
a first or last Friday of every month, from approximately 6-10pm, with
various openings/closings/special events taking place at as many downtown
venues as possible throughout the evening. The various venue events will be
coordinated and collectively advertised as part of the monthly Urbana Art
Walk, which will have a website and printed maps and advertisement
distributed throughout the city via a variety of media. I am currently
trying to identify public funds to cover cost of printed material.

I envision this as a collaborative effort to increase sales for local
artists, generate new business for downtown venues, and provide Urbana
community members with an enjoyable way to spend a Friday night. I hope you
share an interest in developing and be part of this project. Please let me
know if you do and if you have thoughts, suggestions, or ideas. Once
interested venues have been identified, we can begin coordinating a first
monthly Urbana Art Walk for June.
I look forward to hearing back.

Cheers,
Shawna Arnesen