[IMC] Filmapalooza Returns to Hollywood, 4PFP Audience Voting, and More Best Films

48 Hour Film Project markandliz at 48hourfilm.com
Thu Nov 20 14:31:03 EST 2014

48 Hour Film Project Newsletter
November 2014
Editor: Brian Bowers

November 48HFP Newsletter

Filmapalooza Returns to Hollywood

A Letter from the Founders

48HFP Video Gallery

Four Points Film Project Audience Voting Begins

More 2014 Best Films

Final 2014 Tour Dates

Filmapalooza returns to Hollywood! February 26 – March 2, 2015
[1]Filmapalooza brings our winning filmmakers together from all over the
world for one crazy and exciting weekend of screening films, going to
parties and enjoying all Hollywood has to offer.  It ends with an awards
ceremony and party where we find out which team wins the coveted
International Best Film award, as well as many other awards.

If you didn't win your city, don’t worry.  You can still join us
at Filmapalooza.  We will have not only parties and films but also panels
and a keynote speaker.  Not only fun, but educational!

Registration is open now--get all of the details
at [2]http://[3]filmapalooza.org!

Filmapalooza 2015

Who: 48HFP Filmmakers from around the world.

What: The best 48 hour films from the [4]2014 tour

Where: Hollywood, CA

When: February 26 – March 2, 2015

Why: Great networking, fun with filmmakers, and lots of great films!
[5]

Screenings at the
Chinese Theatre

Official hotel is the
Hollywood Roosevelt

Locations:

The films will screen at the historic [6]Chinese Theatre, formerly
Grauman’s Chinese Theater (the one with the hand prints!).  Our official
hotel is the Hollywood Roosevelt, just across the street from the theater.
Stay tuned: A link for a great room rate is coming soon.

Scheduling:

Be sure to stay through Sunday evening, March 1, so that you can attend the
awards ceremony and wrap party.

Watch the Video!

[7]

A Letter from the Founders

Liz Langston Mark Ruppert

Hello 48ers--

We are in the last two weeks of the 2014 tour.  With 5 cities left to go (2
in Africa and 3 in Asia), one can definitely say it has been a record
setting, whirlwind year. Our headquarters staff is hard at work wrapping up
the paperwork for this year and beginning the planning process for next
year.  And, the first thing on the 2015 agenda is Filmapalooza.  We're
excited to have the official dates and locations all set.  Please stay
tuned as we update you with information about seminars and special guests.
Filmapalooza 2015 is coming to Hollywood and promises to be the most fun,
most action-packed awards festival we've ever done.  For the second year in
a row, Filmapalooza is open to all 48 Hour Filmmakers.  This year we have
expanded to 125 cities which means more films for you to see, and more
filmmakers to meet.  For me, the opportunity to meet our filmmakers face to
face is a highlight of the year. I hope to see you there!

Next week the US will be celebrating Thanksgiving and I want to wish a
happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

--Mark Ruppert
Executive Producer and Co-Founder, 48 Hour Film Project

48HFP Video Gallery
In each newsletter we feature some of our top 48HFP films from all over the
world.  This batch of films includes the winning film from the inaugural
48HFP in Aberdeen, Scotland, as well as the winners of the Columbus and
Mississippi 48HFPs. These films go head to head with the other Best Films
from our 2014 tour at Filmapalooza in Hollywood!

[8][jpeg]
"Serum" by Screen Grab
Aberdeen, Scotland 48HFP, 2014

[9][jpeg]
"Thyme After Thyme" by Team Philm
Columbus 48HFP, 2014

[10][jpeg]

"The Repossession" by EFI Productions
Mississippi 48HFP, 2014

Four Points Film Project Audience Voting Begins!

The [11]Four Points Film Project was completed the weekend of October 24 -
27. Filmmakers from all over the world competed to see who could make the
best short film in only 72 hours.

Out of all of the eligible entries, twenty Top Films were selected. These
films are now posted on our website for audience rating to determine the
Audience Award Winner.

Now it's your turn!

The Audience Choice films have been uploaded to Vimeo.com for you to vote
on your favorites!

Vote for as many films as you like.

The film that has the most 'Likes' on November 23, 2014 at 11:59pm

USA Pacific Standard Time (UTC-8) will win $1000 USD!

Go to [12]https://vimeo.com/album/2941152 to 'Like' your favorites!

For more information visit [13]http://www.fourpointsfilmproject.com or
email [14]fourpointsfilmproject at 48hourfilm.com.

Awards from the inaugural Bratislava 48HFP

More 2014 Best Films

Our favorite part of the newsletter is announcing the winners--so
congratulations go out to the Best Films below! Catch all of these films up
on the silver screen at the historic Chinese Theatres when they're shown
February 26-March 1 at Filmapalooza in Hollywood!

Aberdeen, Scotland

"Serum" by Screen Grab

Atlanta

"Backtrack" by Jump Cut Collective

Berlin

"Feeling like Erich" by The pit stop

Bratislava

"THE BOSS" by Dreamers

Cape Town

"Thread" by Silver Bullet

Castelo Branco

"Do céu já não caem lágrimas" by Azul

Columbus

“Thyme After Thyme” by Team Philm�

Curaçao

"The RunDON" by Punda City

Delhi

"2 Shots 2 Late" by Virasat

Geneva

"Les as du carreau" by Yes We Cam

Glasgow

"Dusty Does Dallas" by Lock Up Your Daughters

Granada

"Desnuditos" by Los Perdedores

Lausanne

"#Out" by Film(on)s

Leeuwarden

"Vier Meter" by Rockpaperscissors

Lyon

"Retcon" par Les Parasites

Mississippi

"The Repossession" by EFI Productions

Mongolia

"Үндэс" by Дэгжин нүд

Montpellier

"SYMPTOMES D’AMOUR" by Les Parasites

Paris

"Gare au radeau" by CinéBoZ

Toronto

"Femme Brûlée" by Some Lost Eden

Final 2014 Tour Dates

Cape Town film dropoff
2014 is drawing to a close and so is this year's tour. Our final cities are
coming up in the next few weeks -- see the list below. Let's wish our
filmmakers in these cities good luck, as well as the filmmakers that are
currently wrapping up their final screenings and events. Cities all around
the world are already planning their 2015 48HFP dates--make sure you check
back at [15]http://www.48hourfilm.com mid-January as we begin to post our
new schedule.

As we turn our attention towards 2015 we're also beginning to plan
which new cities we'll add to our our. Do you think your city would be
great to host a 48HFP? Email [16]newcities at 48hourfilm.com and tell us all
about your city, the local film community, and why you think it would be
great to add to our tour.

November 21st to 23rd
* Johannesburg
* Nairobi
* Shanghai

November 28th to 30th
* Seoul
* Singapore

Get Social!
[17] [png]          [18] [png]           [19] [png]

View web version