[IMC] Invest in our future leaders

Hector Cortez, AFSC actioncenter at afsc.org
Thu Dec 17 10:21:59 EST 2015

=========================

American Friends Service Committee

Invest in our future leaders

DONATE BY DECEMBER 31: https://salsa3.salsalabs.com/o/50601/p/salsa/donation/common/public/?donate_page_KEY=12559

=========================

Dear Friend,

Since our founding during World War I, when young adults served the world through AFSC instead of serving in the army, AFSC has always been blessed with the energy and insights of young people committed to making a change in the world.

Our engagement with youth today starts by providing the resources, skill-building, and mentorship opportunities that young people use to test ways to create social change. Many of the young people AFSC works with live in poor communities surrounded by violence. We support them in healing and building their self-confidence.

Please make a tax-deductible gift as small as $5 or $10 by December 31 to support AFSC programs working for lasting peace, and help train youth in cities around the world to become tomorrow's leaders for nonviolence and peace. Click here: https://salsa3.salsalabs.com/o/50601/p/salsa/donation/common/public/?donate_page_KEY=12559

The results of our efforts to foster young change agents are becoming more and more apparent:

--  AFSC's Youth Undoing Institutional Racism program is today operating in five cities across the country -- Seattle, St. Louis, St. Paul, Pittsburgh, and Charleston, West Virginia -- where some 150 young people are honing their community leadership and anti-racism organizing skills.

--  In Guatemala and El Salvador, youth trained by AFSC are organizing groups of community members known as local peace networks to counter rampant urban violence.

--  And in Indonesia, a country struggling against a rising tide of religious intolerance, AFSC is training youth of all religions in active nonviolence techniques and strategies that build peace and defend freedom and pluralism.

You can help support our youth programs and all of AFSC's Quaker-based work for lasting peace with justice by making a tax-deductible gift of just $5 or $10 today. Click here: https://salsa3.salsalabs.com/o/50601/p/salsa/donation/common/public/?donate_page_KEY=12559

Your donation is an investment in our young future leaders and in peace.

Sincerely,

Hector Cortez
Deputy General Secretary
American Friends Service Committee