[IMC] DIT / Chicago / IMC [from Alek Riquelme <alephkx at gmail.com>]

Stuart Levy stuartnlevy at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 19:24:46 EST 2015

Subject:
DIT / Chicago / IMC
From:
Alek Riquelme <alephkx at gmail.com>
Date:
1/5/15 6:11 PM

To:
imc at ucimc.org

Hello,

My name is Alek Riquelme and I'm the director behind an international
project called
DO IT TOGETHER <https://www.facebook.com/DITogether>
We're a collaboration of cinematographers, venues, artists and
organizers, located in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, but connected to many
people around the world.
Our focus point is independent art.

I'm writing you because we have worked on a movie about independent
music around the world, for the past four years and we have a finished
documentary, [1 hour in length]
which we're looking to screen around the world,
I would love to get in touch about a possible screening on 2015.

Please see our TRAILER <http://youtu.be/-opRDlgBU2I>
We're an independent collaboration, so we're trying to approach venues
directly to discuss possible screenings, your venue seems very fitting
to our film and we are open to any agreement that might work for you.
We have just started our planning for the coming years and we look
forward to hearing from you!

What we have to offer is:

*Documentary film - 1 hour in length & Full HD*
An investigative film into the inner workings of the independent music
community, it portrays experiences from the most relevant performers in
the D.I.Y. of this time. This turns into a discussion about different
approaches and styles to survive independently, all this combined with
amazing live performances.
Featuring: Steve Albini, Mike Watt, Dan Deacon, Deerhoof, Follakzoid,
The Ex, Flux Information Sciences, Devo, Space Siren, Repetitor, Tera
Melos, Bob Log III, Chevreuil, Aucan, and many more...

*Art Exposition*
A great chance to bring together different types of independent art
through an event that will show various styles of graphic or visual work.
on the first edition we have made an open call for artists around the
world to participate with their own interpretations of the DIT logo:
"Wolves come in packs"
The artwork collected in two rounds, comes from the Netherlands, Serbia,
USA, Venezuela, UK, Croatia, Belgium, Montenegro & the Dutch Caribbean,
from various creative professionals; Fraphic designers, illustrators,
painters, musicians, visual, street and tattoo artists.

*Workshops*
Audio workshops organized to help locals to take part in their own DIY
scenes.
DIT has created a system to explain step by step difficult technical
processes to make them more accessible. With the help of a stylish guide
and professional audio engineers we take the students from setting up
instruments and microphones to mixing the show and problem solving.

We really look forward to get in touch and discuss
a possible collaboration with your venue,
thank you for your time and all the best!

--
Best Regards,

Alek Riquelme
Alephkx at gmail.com <mailto:Alephkx at gmail.com>

Alephkx <http://alephkx.tumblr.com/>

10888952_892197490803849_5697808495296141562_n.png