[IMC] League of Illinois Bicyclists is now Ride Illinois

Ride Illinois info at rideillinois.org
Mon Nov 9 08:01:35 EST 2015

Having trouble viewing this email?
Click here
http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?ca=037294d4-803f-42ce-a990-783133d4a1c8&c=b46b3d00-40d7-11e3-bc67-d4ae52843dc7&ch=b64d9190-40d7-11e3-bd31-d4ae52843dc7

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Download PDF of press release [http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001wn2hPbWIfQunlBkUNkqF99NCkZsS5y6bBwF1Xi-aYrZZ3EvEw0fNBZb-Ve_YKdYqm74VylXr-Nin-iNqTYaroDdkSPioYdgM6DZG55YQ7c1t5uh07pn8pFDsg5P_BPVk_CpWFgxkd0GSwtHCuKZg8JAk3sSGb3RghrqFEdVSbvAfPnUwkoP-SVWhqpRcUWpzLWbv77rTch8HPXQMrCfoI2xCHyC6EyPqVY5KeM2JYOv4ueUCeJnDsQ==&c=4L5KviTdh3NFbDp58-ufw3cSLwaukqeRVSl-J276kdKz2IUCl7FoQg==&ch=vaWffzMZ8ReLMkIrKxsKVn1tzMRWtHIxi5xY6ZDxJhoA88n5gpfeUA==]
                Media Contacts:
Tania Sebastian, Marketing Director
(773) 301-7783, tania at rideillinois.org [mailto:tania at rideillinois.org]
Ed Barsotti, Executive Director
(630) 978-0583, ed at rideillinois.org [mailto:ed at rideillinois.org]
League of Illinois Bicyclists changes name to Ride Illinois
Statewide bicycle advocacy organization unveils a new brand
that reflects the growing popularity of bicycling
The League of Illinois Bicyclists, a nonprofit bicycle advocacy organization, announced
the rebranding of its organization to Ride Illinois at the 4th Annual Illinois Bike
Summit on October 28, 2015. The organization also unveiled its new name, logo, and
website, www.rideillinois.org [http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001wn2hPbWIfQunlBkUNkqF99NCkZsS5y6bBwF1Xi-aYrZZ3EvEw0fNBZjG_htSuIF_jCKOjmBZSQraCOuh9gZS4wGHfZ1Ste4386PzqwYKc4JWaJFG8H1MNP4jkLXfa49N9TmwaiAPOa-cMBxA-mIBuMNOlDlFzovpOMBM1N4dcMs=&c=4L5KviTdh3NFbDp58-ufw3cSLwaukqeRVSl-J276kdKz2IUCl7FoQg==&ch=vaWffzMZ8ReLMkIrKxsKVn1tzMRWtHIxi5xY6ZDxJhoA88n5gpfeUA==],
the same day. The rebranding reflects the growing popularity of bicycling and the
organization's commitment to reach and represent the broad spectrum of people who
ride bikes in Illinois.
Since 1992, the nonprofit organization has been dedicated to one mission - to improve
bicycling conditions throughout the state so that more people can safely and easily
ride in Illinois. Over the years, the organization has evolved from a state chapter
of the League of American Bicyclists to an independent organization with a strong
advocacy voice in Springfield and municipalities all around the state. In that time,
its membership has increased from a few hundred people to more than 2,200 Illinois
residents.
"We are committed to expanding our membership and influence even farther," said
Frank Brummer, Ride Illinois Board President. "Our organization made a bold decision
to seek out a new name that would appeal to a wide audience and align them with
our mission -- a name that would inspire everyone to get on a bike and Ride Illinois."
Without changing the mission of the organization, the Board initiated the strategic
rebranding project with the goal of adopting a new name and brand that would appeal
to more bicyclists and position the organization for greater membership support
and future organizational growth.
"With broader appeal and greater awareness of our organization, our voice in our
 advocacy, outreach, and municipal bike planning work throughout the state grows
 more powerful," said Ed Barsotti, Ride Illinois Executive Director. "Our work extends
to all corners of the state and we want to better connect with members of those
communities and gain their support."
The result of the rebranding is a simplified name that demonstrates what happens
 when the organization's mission succeeds and bicycling becomes safer and more accessible
across the state - more people Ride Illinois. The logo prominently features a bicycle
in motion against the distant backdrop of one of our state's bike friendly cities.
More importantly, our new website, www.rideillinois.org [http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001wn2hPbWIfQunlBkUNkqF99NCkZsS5y6bBwF1Xi-aYrZZ3EvEw0fNBZjG_htSuIF_jCKOjmBZSQraCOuh9gZS4wGHfZ1Ste4386PzqwYKc4JWaJFG8H1MNP4jkLXfa49N9TmwaiAPOa-cMBxA-mIBuMNOlDlFzovpOMBM1N4dcMs=&c=4L5KviTdh3NFbDp58-ufw3cSLwaukqeRVSl-J276kdKz2IUCl7FoQg==&ch=vaWffzMZ8ReLMkIrKxsKVn1tzMRWtHIxi5xY6ZDxJhoA88n5gpfeUA==],
features a mobile friendly design that visually showcases how people throughout
our state Ride Illinois.
"We have a strong desire and responsibility to engage all types of cyclists - from
individuals and families that ride recreationally or to commute, to those that ride
for exercise and sport. Our new name Ride Illinois is equally inspiring to all riders,
from the most experienced cyclists to those just beginning," said Tania Sebastian,
Ride Illinois Marketing Director. "We want them all to know we are working on their
behalf in cities, towns, and rural areas throughout the state."
Ride Illinois' mission remains the same, and the organization will continue to work
for bike friendly roads and trails, favorable policies and legislation, and education
on sharing our roads safely.
Over recent years the organization has achieved a number of accomplishments at the
local and state level including:

* 3-Foot Passing Law -Ride Illinois wrote and successfully lobbied for the passage
of the 2007 state law amending the Illinois Vehicle Code by specifying a minimum
 3-foot passing clearance for motorists passing bicyclists.
* Creating bike plans for 17 towns in Illinois including Springfield, Bloomington,
Kankakee, Effingham, Buffalo Grove, and Ottawa most recently, and providing assistance
in dozens more. Currently, Ride Illinois is consulting on Carbondale's bike planning
efforts.
* Development of over 40 metro area and local bike maps, longer-distance route guides,
and other bicyclist resources.
* Providing bike safety education through our online learning tool, BikeSafetyQuiz.com,
used by over 40,000 motorists and bicyclists.
* Offering trainings statewide for hundreds of Drivers' Ed teachers, road planners
and engineers, and law enforcement.
* Collaborating on the Illinois Department of Transportation's State Bike Transportation
Plan released in 2014.
* Leading Illinois delegation in D.C. to save federal funds for trails and bikeways,
while preserving over $20 million of these funds at the state level.
* Coordinating the annual Grand Illinois Trail and Parks Bike Tour, Illinois' top
week-long supported ride since 2003.
* Co-hosting the Annual Illinois Bike Summit that attracts nearly 300 bike advocates,
municipal and private sector planners and civil engineers, government officials
and staff for a day of learning and networking on the positive impact of bicycling
in Illinois.
Someoddpilot, a branding and design agency in Chicago, was contracted to lead the
organization through the renaming process and development the new brand identity
 and website. They have worked with a variety of nonprofit and corporate clients
 including Chicago's public radio station WBEZ 91.5, The Second City, and Pitchfork
Media.
###
Ride Illinois is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving bicycling conditions
throughout the state. We are the advocate for all Illinois bicyclists, promoting
 bicycle access, education, and safety. For more information, visit www.rideillinois.org
[http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001wn2hPbWIfQunlBkUNkqF99NCkZsS5y6bBwF1Xi-aYrZZ3EvEw0fNBZjG_htSuIF_jCKOjmBZSQraCOuh9gZS4wGHfZ1Ste4386PzqwYKc4JWaJFG8H1MNP4jkLXfa49N9TmwaiAPOa-cMBxA-mIBuMNOlDlFzovpOMBM1N4dcMs=&c=4L5KviTdh3NFbDp58-ufw3cSLwaukqeRVSl-J276kdKz2IUCl7FoQg==&ch=vaWffzMZ8ReLMkIrKxsKVn1tzMRWtHIxi5xY6ZDxJhoA88n5gpfeUA==].

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Forward this email
http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?llr=bsui5moab&m=1114978406977&ea=$imc@ucimc.org$&a=1122815100764

This email was sent to imc at ucimc.org by info at rideillinois.org.

Update Profile/Email Address
http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=oo&m=001tP2oizb7PkTI-WAIdBjpuA%3D%3D&ch=b64d9190-40d7-11e3-bd31-d4ae52843dc7&ca=037294d4-803f-42ce-a990-783133d4a1c8

Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe(TM)
http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=un&m=001tP2oizb7PkTI-WAIdBjpuA%3D%3D&ch=b64d9190-40d7-11e3-bd31-d4ae52843dc7&ca=037294d4-803f-42ce-a990-783133d4a1c8

Privacy Policy:
http://ui.constantcontact.com/roving/CCPrivacyPolicy.jsp

Online Marketing by
http://img.constantcontact.com/letters/images/cc-logo-sm.gif
http://www1.networkforgood.org/for-nonprofits

Ride Illinois | 2550 Cheshire Dr. | Aurora | IL | 60504