[IMC] 48HFP Newsletter-Filmapalooza Registration Is Open, #DAY4CLIMATE Film Challenge, and 48HFP Alumni Achievements

48 Hour Film Project markandliz at 48hourfilm.com
Thu Nov 19 10:07:20 EST 2015

48 Hour Film Project Newsletter
November 2015
Editor: Brian Bowers

[1][jpeg]

November 48HFP Newsletter

Filmalooza Registration Is Open Now!

Happy Thanksgiving From The 48HFP

Recent City Winners

Film a #DAY4CLIMATE Action on November 29th

48HFP Movie Gallery

Upcoming Tour Dates

48HFP Alumni Achievements: 48HFP'er Wears Many Hats For Feature "The Night
Watchmen"

Filmaplooza Registration Is Open Now!

Registration is now open for the 48 Hour Film Project's international
festival, [2]Filmapalooza! This coming March 2nd - 5th we're headed to one
of the world's top film production juggernauts, Atlanta, and we're inviting
all of our 48HFP filmmakers to join us! As the location for feature films
like "Captain America 3" and "The Hunger Games", and the home to series
such as "Walking Dead" and "Vampire Diaries", Atlanta is the perfect
backdrop for our 48HFP Filmapalooza festivities. Early Bird registration is
open now--get all of the details here at
[3]http://48hourfilm.com/filmapalooza.

In addition, we are thrilled to announce the Official Filmapalooza Hotel --
The W Hotel. More info is below on these fabulous digs, including the super
festival rate... a 50% discount!

[4][jpeg]

Happy Thanksgiving From The 48HFP

[5][jpeg]

It's almost Turkey Day here in the U.S.--a time to give thanks for our
family, friends, and our 48HFP'ers around the world! To celebrate, here's a
special Thanksgiving video from this year's LA 48HFP Holiday Film
competition--"Chalchiuhtotolin" by Team Iron Relic Entertainment.

Recent City Winners

Congratulations to all of the films below that won Best 48HFP Film in their
city this year! All of these films will screen with other winners from
around the world at [6]Filmapalooza in Atlanta, March 2nd - 5th. [7]Get all
the info and save the date so you can watch all of these films, along with
the other 2015 top 48HFP films, in person at Filmapalooza!

Aberdeen

Bratislava

Cali

Columbus

Curacao

Houston

London

Minneapolis

Mongolia

Tunis

Utrecht

"Sock it to Me"

"Ďakujem za krásne sviatky"

"Avril"

"Spin Cycle" "

Big& MacFiles"

"Where Heroez Tread"

"Nailed" "

No Boys Club"

"Эцэг"

"2084"

"Welkom"

by Screen Grab

by Na kolene Production

by Kromaphono

by Andrew Brad David and Joe

by Team BYOF

by The Media Department

by Monster Pictures

by Circa Interactive

by Absolute Pictures Studio

by IINA

by Pretty Fly

[8]Film a #DAY4CLIMATE Action on November 29th

Like you, here at the 48HFP we want to make the world a better place.  We
want to let you know about this event sponsored by our friends at
Connect4Climate.  This November 29th, you can be a part of the climate
change solution by creating a short film for the #Day4Climate Action.

Connect4Climate has partnered with Vimeo to create a special filmmaking
challenge as a prelude to the [9]COP21 global climate talks that kick off
in Paris the following day. Filmmakers around the world can help by
documenting their day on film, as they help to spread the word about the
climate change initiative in their own community, or actually helping to
clean up the environment. The footage needs to be whittled down into a
short three minute film and submitted online before the end of the day on
November 30th. The top videos will be shown at the COP21 conference to
global climate change leaders around the world, and some will even be
included in feature film created by a highly celebrated editor and
filmmaker.

To get more details on how you can use the power of film to join the
climate change initiative,
visit [10]http://www.connect4climate.org/competition/day4climate.

"The Fan Awakens" by NewZ HoundZLas Vegas, NV 48HFP 2015[11]

"Puppy Love" by SouthSiderStudios Des Moines, IA 48HFP 2015[12]

48HFP Movie Gallery

"The Great Piggy Bank Heist" by Beyond StudiosGlasgow, GB 48HFP 2015[13]
[jpeg]

[14][jpeg]

[15]Upcoming Tour Dates

2015 is quickly coming to an end, and sadly, so is our 2015 tour. Below is
the list of remaining 48HFP cities kicking off from now through the end of
the year. 2015 has brought us many great new films from both new and
returning 48HFP filmmakers, and we have even higher hopes for 2016! Good
luck to all of our filmmakers in the cities below.

Next year will be here sooner than you think, and many of our producers are
already busy at work planning their 48HFP dates.
Check [16]http://48hourfilm.com/locations early next year as we begin to
post dates for the 2016 tour. Did we miss your city this year? Email us at
[17]newcities at 48hourfilm.com to see if we can visit next year.

November 20, 2015

* [18]Budapest, HU
* [19][20]Lagos, NG

November  27, 2015

* [21]Antwerp, BE
* [22]Melbourne, AU
* [23]Nairobi, KE
* [24]Tokyo, JP

December 11, 2015

* [25]Singapore

48HFP Alumni Achievements: 48HFP'er Wears Many Hats For Feature "The Night
Watchmen"

Cast and crew often wear many hats during a 48HFP weekend, but to do that
while working on a feature film is another feat entirely. Yet that is
exactly what former Baltimore and DC 48HFP participant Ken Arnold has done
on his film "The Night Watchmen." Arnold was a producer, writer, and one of
the lead actors on the film, which is currently making the festival rounds
around the U.S. It may be that his eclectic background aided in his ability
to pull off so many different tasks--before his acting career, Arnold
earned a degree in Business, and then went on to become a professional
baseball player. In the article below, he gives sage advice on making the
transition to acting, playing with other people's money as a filmmaker, and
how to make the most of your experience with the 48 Hour Film Project.

In a nutshell, tell us the premise of "The Night Watchmen".

Three inept night watchmen, aided by a young rookie and a fearless tabloid
journalist, fight an epic battle to save their lives. A mistaken warehouse
delivery unleashes a horde of hungry vampires, and these unlikely heroes
must not only save themselves but also stop the scourge that threatens to
take over...

[26][jpeg]

Get Social!
[27] [png]          [28] [png]           [29] [instagram-icon.png]

View web version